Winter tyres

thewez

Feb 24, 2003
Gloucetser
Visit site

Tell

Staff member
Interested in the latter but the all season type, for an Ateca at some stage...

https://whattyre.com/news/quatrac-pro-vredestein-launches-a-uhp-tyre-for-all-seasons/

Reviews are thin on the ground for them and my last bit of research threw up more choice in all season tyres for the Ateca which I suspect are pretty close to the Tarraco. All Season choice had been pretty limited. In Wales you do get snow and it's a bit of a worry you'd get stuck out or in from the village with a dump. Don't want two sets for winter and summer.

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Could be an option to get a second set of cheaper smaller wheels and stick on winters on those?

As above, we'll not be changing ours to winters as it's rarely required down south :D

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Both Continental and Vredestein are good, safe brand choices. I can't imagine the Contis
being worth £256 more, or as another way, performing 37% better than the Vredesteins,
if at all TBH.

Fitting winter tyres to smaller diameter wheels would certainly make the car nicer to drive
and ride in and probably end-up more cost effective.

As to winter tyres, my own personal experience concludes that Michelin Alpin A4's always
work very well as excellent all-rounders in the very varied conditions we encounter in a
typical British winter season.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I've only ever used Michelin Alpins and Alpin Pilots on our cars in colder weather, now even leaving them on for roughly half the year as these tyres perform very well in the properly wet weather as well as in cold winter weather, and to date I've never ended up replacing these winter tyres due to low tread depth, the cars were replaced first - which I had not expected from winter tyres.

I'd be looking for SEAT's advice on which size of wheel/tyre to use in winter as they must have submitted that info when homologating that car, doing that should make your insurer a bit happier. Somebody in another area of this site checked on the SEAT Austria website for that info on another model, so it should be there for Tarraco.

Reactions: Tell
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.