Winters for Cupra 280

forge197

SE>FR>CUPRA
May 14, 2002
UK
Visit site
Hi,

I've searched can't find an answer.

I have a set of SE wheels 16" with winter tyres which I suspect are not going to fit over the calipers, happy to be told differently of course as that would save selling and buying again, but looking at the cars at dealers there isn't masses of space so it will be tight or not at all

Based on that does anyone know definitiely what is the smallest genuine wheel that will fit a Cupra 280 so I can start looking around for something suitable, most likely 18's from an FR

Cheers

forge197

SE>FR>CUPRA
May 14, 2002
UK
Visit site
Many thanks that's what I was afraid of, will look to get a 17 or 18" wheel set and get some winters on those. Will put a for sale add up for my 16's over the weekend.

forge197

SE>FR>CUPRA
May 14, 2002
UK
Visit site
So from what I can work out the ET of the 19" Cupra wheel is 51 I've an option on a wheel that is an 8Jx18 with an ET50 correct bore and bolt pattern, if I am correct that would mean it's 1mm closer to the hub and thus closed to the suspension, would that be correct and any issue in that doesn't seem enough to make a difference

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
It works the other way, the wheel will be 1mm further away from the suspension but closer to the wing. I wouldn't worry about it though, I have a set of 8x18 wheels for my winter tyres with an offset of 43 and they fit fine.

forge197

SE>FR>CUPRA
May 14, 2002
UK
Visit site
It works the other way, the wheel will be 1mm further away from the suspension but closer to the wing. I wouldn't worry about it though, I have a set of 8x18 wheels for my winter tyres with an offset of 43 and they fit fine.

Thanks I didn't think 1mm would matter to much but wanted to make sure my numbers were correct to begin with, thanks for confirming.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.