Wiper Blade Prices

Spongebob

Dear All

Just got a quote for a set of wiper blades all round.

£56.97 +vat (£66.94) is taking the P*ss!!! :censored:

Champion and Bosch don't have equivalents for sale yet.

Anybody know a cheap place to get these blades?

My Leon cost me £26-28 for a full set of Bosch ones!!!!

JBS Sales

Have you tried the kit from the dealer.
I do not have ETKA for your model but some dealers could possibly supply with a kit.
I have delt with 1 dealer who did not even know they exsisted.
But they come as part of accessories I do believe.
Sarah

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
These are a Valeo item, it might be worth wile trying to find a Valeo agent and see if you can buy them direct.

Unlikely to happen but worth a try.

Spongebob

Sorry! Wipers for Altea

see original post at top.

Anyone know what kits will fit the Altea as the dealer quoted £66.94 inc vat for a full set. That is daylight robbery!!

Please help.

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Xcuse my interruption .... but are you all talking about ALTEA windshield wipers ???
I doubt it when reading the linked articles ... they talk about more or less standard blades and not the special parts needed for the ALTEA.

Here are the original partno's from the german SEAT catalog ...
you might have to swap sides to fit the righthanddrive:

up to BodyNo. 5P5066000
Wiper left: 5P0 955 425 B
Wiper right: 5P0 955 426 B

since BodyNo. 5P5066001
Wiper left: 5P0 955 425 C
Wiper right: 5P0 955 426 C

Nothing spectacular so far, eh?

Ok, the wipers most of our forum users recommend are the

BOSCH AEROTWIN 958 S

Couldn't find offers in the UK ebay-shops, but the German has one right now
=> http://cgi.ebay.de/BOSCH-AeroTwin-W...ryZ57382QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Greets ... Klaus

Spongebob

Thank you

Klaus

Thank you for this i will investigate further to see if the UK windshield wipers are the same as the German specification. If they are I will buy the Bosch versions.

Jason

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
I've just gone through this exact same thing with Altea wipers. The dealer that serviced my car wanted £46 ex VAT for the pair and the Edinburgh dealer (not naming any names!) wants a grand total of £26 INC VAT!!

I suggest you phone around a few dealers - I got them HALF PRICE by just phoning two!

PS - If anyone finds out where to source BOSCH ones for the Altea in the UK please let me know as the SEAT brand ones havnt lasted particularly well and any time I've fitted BOSCH ones to my previous cars they've lasted for ages :D

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Tell said:
Well if you do "product range" they are not [the Altea ones] on the Bosch UK website
http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pcWipe5.asp?c=2&d=1
So either the site isn't up todate or they don't sell them here....
Hi Tell,
just found a pdf-file (1Mb) of a booklet containing all the Bosch spare wipers, and there's the 958s for Altea mentioned
=> http://rb-aa.bosch.com/boaa-at/kidownload?publication=1&cl_id=1&pos=1&attrv_id=502&type=download

Here's another web-shop announcing them for an inacceptable high "offering" price ... as you'll get them at ATU (large autoparts discounter over here) for ~ 40 Euro regular price.
http://www.shop.aubu.de/shop/aerotw...l-958-s-seat-toledo-bj-092004-bis-p-5200.html

Bet you'll find a dealer selling them over at UK, as an official Bosch statement published in our Forum says, that Bosch delivers first party parts for SEAT as well.
Sounds a bit confusing, as the original SEAT wipers (Bosch or not?) are said to be crappy compared to the Aeortwins, but who knows if there's a "low-grade" version for the manufacturers.

Hope this was understandable.
Klaus

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
For what its worth the SEAT RRP's are:

fronts (up to chassis 5PZ5R06600) £13.13 inc VAT each
fronts (after chassis 5PZ5R066000) £23.12 inc VAT each

These are available separately, do not let a dealer tell you that the earlier blades are obsolete and that they can only get the later blades

The kit Sarah mentioned is £43.24 inc VAT and comprises the later front blades but no rear blade (woo hoo a £3 saving)

rear blade £13.55 inc VAT for all models

Tell

Staff member
Thanks Klawit don't the aero ones stick on due to wind pressure ?. The Altea ones I find are not that much good at cleaning the top 1/5 or so of the wiper area... saves me converting to cms. So having the aerodynamic bit if I haven't misunderstood anything assists, yeah no they are the spoiler type. I see they only fit Seats models the 958 with the S bit afterwards makes them unique to Seat Altea and Tonado.

Perhaps when I'm next off to Germany and Austria in May Klawit, I'll ask you for a list of large autoparts discounters where we're heading too ;). Lake Constance way.

As I mentioned they do not appear on the Bosch UK web site, they list the other wiperblades but not the 958 S version. My interest in wiper blades may have something to do with me thinking that I may need to change mine in the next period.

I think I'll pop into the local motor factors and see if they sell Bosch then ask about whether they can get them in for me. That would be worth a try.

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Tell said:
As I mentioned they do not appear on the Bosch UK web site, they list the other wiperblades but not the 958 S version. ... I think I'll pop into the local motor factors and see if they sell Bosch then ask about whether they can get them in for me. That would be worth a try.
They don't have 'em on the german BOSCH pages as well, don't ask me why ... maybe they're not requested enough so far. :shrug:

Asking for them at BOSCH dealers would be the best idea I can think of ... from the given distance ... ;)

And the german discounter-shops of A.T.U. (Autoteile Unger) are spread all over the country ...
=> http://www.atu.de/welcome.jsp

Nevertheless you won't find the AEROTWINs in their online-shop as well but the local shops can order them.

Greets ... Klaus

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
... don't know whether it was mentioned before somewhere (in the pdf?) or not:

Bosch Part-Number: 958S
Bosch Order-Number: 3 397 118 958 (at least in Germany...)

bye ... Klaus

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.