Wiper Blades

Trident

Just found out a new trick - well new to me.
I was sat in the car waiting for the wife as you do, and was fiddling with the buttons as you do!

Turned the ignition off, but left the key in, it was raining a bit so I pulled down on the right stalk not expecting it to wipe, as the ignition was off.

After a few seconds the wiper blades folded down to a horizontal position and stayed there. When I started the car they stayed down, until i wiped the screen again.

Don't know what this is for, does anyone? All I could think of was it might make changing a broken windscreen easier.

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
id have thought pulling them off the screen in the vertical position would be easier to change the blades. Maybe Seat are covering themselves from lawsuits made by elves. Neet new trick tho, i'll try it later

edit: i cant spell

2nd edit: changing the windscreen is a feasable idea!

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
anybody else notice the fast wipes slows down when your extremely slow (in traffic) or stationary

Trident

The wipers also change once you get up to motorway speed, they seem to pause at the bottom and top of the motion

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
Think its the way to change the wipers

That would be right on the Altea and Toledo as the wipers on these models are hidden behind some trim, but the Leon's are exposed while parked so no need to move them to change the blades. I suppose they use the same motors and software so they work the same.

simon_FR

I found that out the other day, had my wipers on full then stopped in traffic and they went to intermittent, cool little feature:D

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
That would be right on the Altea and Toledo as the wipers on these models are hidden behind some trim, but the Leon's are exposed while parked so no need to move them to change the blades. I suppose they use the same motors and software so they work the same.

Yep, it's because they all use the same system, so it's a feature that is not really needed on the Leon due to the A pillar trim deign.

Xe

I have also found that if I have the front wipers on "only", and then reverse the rear wipers come on automatically.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.