Wiper blades

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
Hi there,

I need new wiper blades and I usually buy Bosch ones but do you have to be careful what ones you buy as I've noticed that it is an unusual fitting system on the Ibiza.
I need front and back ones.
Any help is as always appreciated.

Norrie.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Sometimes it can be just as cheap to buy them from a dealer, especially once you take delivery into account. Drop David from Sere motors on here a note and he should be able to sort you out. :)

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
hmm, looking at your pics and from what you mentioned, it looks like you have the flat blade system. Bosch does make them so try the usual places for cheap blades (dealer, wiperblades.co.uk , ebay, motor factors, etc.)

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
Yeah it's the flat blades I have and are different to normal blades.
However if Bosch make them I should be able to get them cheap enough from a Motor Factors.

Cheers.

Norrie.

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
Bloudy hell there £36.50 from wiperblades.co.uk.:-o

Just checked with the dealer and the fronts are £20.77 for the pair and the rear is £14.77.

Norrie.

Last edited:

Unlight

Sometimes it can be just as cheap to buy them from a dealer, especially once you take delivery into account. Drop David from Sere motors on here a note and he should be able to sort you out. :)

Got mine today from David for £15 - brilliant price and very helpful guy!

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I think a full set of wipers (2 front and 1 rear) for my facelift Ibiza cost me around £25 delivered so worth checking out.

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
I went to the Motor Factors today and got a Bosch rear one for £3 but they didn't have the front ones in stock.
I phoned another Factors that had them in stock but they were around £23 so I will probably just get them at the dealers.
My mate got a full set of Bosch blades for both his cars 6 blades in total for £21 so it just shows you how expensive the flat wiper blades are and I don't think there any better.

Norrie.

paulmc

I've got a 2007 model and need new wipers. Will all the wipers listed on ebay fit a facelift as most say 2002-2006

cheers

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
well technically, they have less parts compaired to the traditional wiper so i would have thought come economics of scale they should be cheaper to make...

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
Just a quick update regarding the wipers.
I went into the dealers on Friday to pick up the front wipers and they were going to be over £28 so I went along to Halfords and got them for £19.
I had E-Mailed David and he got back to me today and they would have been £21 plus £2 P&P so I reckon Halfords weren't to bad.
The problem is that they are vehicle specific and I think they only fit one other car.

Thanks for all the help.

Norrie.

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
hmm... specific? they're only 22inch and 19inch from what i remember... i suppose specific because they dont usually have a the two sizes to together in a kit but that doesnt prevent you from getting them seperately.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.