Wiper Blades

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
Had my FR 184 for just over 2 weeks now, and drove it this morning for the first time in proper rain .... realised that the factory fit wipers don't seem to be that good .. smearing and quite a bit of juddering

Anybody else found this, or is it just me

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
I feel your pain, my drivers wiper smears and is noisey, not good on 6 month old car.

Last edited:

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
Brand new blades and still some residual spray under the clip to the blade on the drivers side so not great !

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Mine are pretty rubbish as well, the rear wiper judders bad. Keep meaning to replace them then the sun comes out and it goes on the back burner ...till the next rain and so the cycle continues lol.

I had a look online a while back for reasonably priced replacements but I was surprised at just how many blades there were perporting to fit the Mk3 that obviously didnt, even entering the reg number threw up wrong uns'. I did go out and measure them in the end, rear was 330mm, drivers 650mm, passengers 400mm - or in old money R_13", D_26" and P_16".....I think, dont quote me :D

Best get my finger out with the onset of Autumn, anyone thats bought them reasonably priced online feel free to post a link ;)

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
Just cleaned them off with some vinegar, see if that makes any difference .... if not, then maybe a new set required

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
i use neat screenwash on a J cloth. give them a really good squeezy wipe, also traffic film remover on windsccreen and then finish off with newspaper (take the staples out first!).
perfect....

sdccupra

Sep 4, 2014
I drove 500Kms with my new white Cupra 280. Quite exited etc :) Until rain came. Blades are **** :)

But fortunately they changed the blades (the product code was the same) and no issues after that.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
right about the wax -Seastormer; it's death to clear vision. Smears, judders - all sorts. newspaper and screenwash work fine. Vinegar too. I use white vinegar - does sarsons malt do the job?

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland

Cheers Mark.

Sparepartstore24.co.uk has some great prices, dont let the blanket £8.45 delivery charge put you off it can often work out cheaper.

Few examples:
Bosch Aerotwin Set £17.98
Bosch Aero Rear £5.98
Oil Filter £5.98

I ordered two Bosch rears for £19 odd to take the sting out the delivery, a spare blade wont go amiss.

Germany based so might explain the delivery cost.

Away to dig out the sarsons for the front

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise