wipers come on by themselves

maverick4546

Hi all..

On my Cordy I have a niggly problem.

For some reason the Window wipers come on all by themselves. I know its not a huge problem. But its really annoying. Thing is I dont know if its the wiper stalk itself for something else. Been to the local breaker and there was only one SEAT there but it did not have the control function button to scroll through the dash computer ie MPG, Temps etc etc.

Is there any way I can tighten it up at all? A mechanic friend said using some grease on the connector end to stiffen it up - does that sound ok?

Cordoba SX 2.0
1998 (S) Reg

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:

caveo

auto wipers are an expencive option on some new cars mate and you've got it for free so its happy days .

maverick4546

he he

anyway update..

Dont think it is the wiper arm now.. as it done it for the first time when the car was stationary... so any ideas anyone?

frankiejr

I'm having the exact same issue on the same year Cordoba. Did you manage to get an answer to this?

toddygti

Sep 9, 2007
Folkestone, Kent
Likely to be a wiring or connection issue. Best thing you could do is strip the column down then clean it up as you put back together. Free and may fix it :)

ditchydave

I had the same problem and found the spring keeping the wiper stalk in the correct position in the front to back position had come out of position so it was being held too near the steering wheel so always in the wash/wipe position. By nudging it gently forward it turns off. Even reassembled though, still have the same problem occasionally. Going to strip down and re-route the wash wipe wiring to an external toggle switch.

Dave

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise