Wiring cooling fans

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
I’m hoping someone can answer this for me, I’m struggling to find someone to help me.

So I’m building a fast road/ track car, I’ve binned he air con off, so currently there are 2 fans on the car but obviously one is for a/c now not needed. I was hoping to get an ally rad soon and put 2 fans on like in the picture but have one wired into the standard system so comes on/off as and when the car decides but then also one wired into a switch in the car in case the other one fails or it needs extra cooling or whatever.
I could wire one into a switch no problem but how would I go about wiring one into the standard system? Has anyone done something like this before?

73f67b1c7dfbccd15877877b4e7ca6bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
Why change the fans just use the ones that are fitted, and if you need to wire a switch to either one or both
to over ride the temp sensors

i wanted to get a new rad and get rid of the shroud just have the 2 fans but if the oem fans and shroud will fit an aftermarket rad then its a possibility. I could never get the fans to kick in though, not sure if they're working but if i could wire them both in to come then a switch for override, would be perfect! Just no idea how to go about fixing it/wiring them both in etc

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
i wanted to get a new rad and get rid of the shroud just have the 2 fans but if the oem fans and shroud will fit an aftermarket rad then its a possibility. I could never get the fans to kick in though, not sure if they're working but if i could wire them both in to come then a switch for override, would be perfect! Just no idea how to go about fixing it/wiring them both in etc
I think there is a misconception with regards fans if the cooling system is efficient then in theory you don't need a fan(Fans) but there is times when it it is very hot or a restriction in flow then a fan kicks in and cools it.
As long as the fan does work then there is no need to worry when it kicks in or not and also when you are travelling the air flowing through will do the job, that why you should not hinder the flow in the front of the car.
To test a fan you need to unplug the wiring at the fan and put 12 volts onto it and see if it runs