Wiring help please!!

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
This is my question on the oil temp gauge there is 3 wires red, black, and green, now i have earthed the black one so what now with the red and green anyone?? both gauges light up well when ignition is on and dim also etc just these last 2 wires are bugging me, and also on the oil sender there is also 2 wires a black and a white as you'll see, any ideas would be really grateful!!

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

This is the diagram that comes with the oil temp, now in the diagram it shows the sender having only one point in which to attach your cable to so basically unscrew and screw cable in, if you compare the drawing to what i have it seems as though i have the wrong part. Also the wiring i presume, b. which is the green goes to the sender, a. which is black is earth, and c. which is red looks like it goes to the ignition, but i already have a red going to the lights and connected into the blue grey!! i presume thats a key in a key lock?? what you think guys??

fff.jpg

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
You should be able to get a switched positive from the back of the headlight switch. Do a search, I'm sure somebody has posted a guide on what wires to use from the back of the headlight switch.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.