Wishbone Bush advice.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
When my car was in the garage today getting the power-steering pump, alternator and brakes fixed they noticed that the front bushes are starting to separate etc just with age etc.

I know they arent trying to get more money out of me as Ive been using the place for a few years and havent had any problems with them.

They recommended me to get some wishbones with the polyurethane bushes in them, with the car being lowered etc, but Im just after some other recommendations from some mk2 owners as which to get.

Thanks.

Craig.

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
it's 'cheaper' to just buy new wishbones with the bushes already fitted, than it is to get new bushes fitted to your current wishbones.

There was a guy selling some wishbones with 'performance' bushes on CGti a while ago, will have a look see if I can find his post ;)

Last edited:

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
go on ebay and search for Mk2 Golf wishbones, thats where I got lower arm wiv powerflex bushes fitted.

Actually worked out cheaper to buy them off ebay than it was for me to buy the lower arms in the factors where I get trade prices and the powerflex bushes from where ever and fit them myself. So bargin! think i paid about £80.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
IIRC 'roly' has fitted LCR rear front-wishbone bushes to his Mk2 Ibiza, cheaper alternative to poly bushes I think......

I knew someone had done something like that, I just couldnt remember who had. Only thing would be I would have to get them pressed in.

I was thinking of going for 2 off ebay as they come with the bushes pressed in and the ball joints etc needed. Would make fitting so much easier.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.