Wishbone bushes, POWERFLEX or not ?

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Hi all,

Just some advise needed from the general public, recently had my car serviced at the
stealers they informed me that the bushes in the wishbones were cracking up hence why i was getting uneven wear on my tyres. They told me its to differcult to change the bushes and is easier to buy new wishbones. I obviously told them i will consider this but surely changing bushes is not impossible at a garage?? Anyways what do you guys think and do any of you have powerflex bushes instead of the standard rubber ones??

Whats the ride like with these powerflex ones? as im considering those. :confused:

thanks

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
As long as they have a press they'll be able to change them.

The Powerflex ones are a better option in my opinion, they are stiffer but they last longer and reduced unwanted movement.

Damian @ DPM

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I've had the polyflex ones fitted for 3 years, when I removed these they still seemed very fresh.
I have now fitted the Audi TT roadster bushes but due to changing a few things at the same time I cannot say how these feel compared to the Polyflex ones. The Polyflex ones were very very difficult to remove and ended up burning and cutting these out (in my readers rides thread theres a full how to on this).
With a responce like that from the Stealers I wouldn't use them again. But you don't have to replace the wish bones just the bushes

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Issam has been flirting with the idea but seems to have lots on his plate just now so these have fallen by the way side I think.
Audi TT roadster ones are the stiffest rubber ones you can get just now

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Issam has been flirting with the idea but seems to have lots on his plate just now so these have fallen by the way side I think.
That would be good for people looking to stiffen up the damping. IMO the only weak part is the DBM - the rest of the car feels great to me as is...

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Wait till you get a spin in a car with uprated ARB's and wishbone bushes.

My car will be available for spins in at the SCN meet

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london

How did you order these Audi TT bushes? When i called Audi they wanted to know part numbers etc.. oh and will the bushes on the LCR be the same one for my LC?

The guys at Audi also said its a big joy changing bushes and its just easier to change the arm which comes with the bushes.?

Is it really that differcult?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
It's okay for them, there not paying for it.
If you wanted to go for that you could, then take the time to rebush your wish bones and punt them on.
With the correct tools (that they have) it should be a 20 minute just to remove the old ones and press in the new ones.
Do you know someone with a hydraulic press? Very easy job with the right tools.

The Audi ones I had to go onto the Audi computer myself as they couldn't find these as you say without a VIN nuber and model etc.

You could alway just fit the powerflex ones then you'll never have to worry about these

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
How did you order these Audi TT bushes? When i called Audi they wanted to know part numbers etc.. oh and will the bushes on the LCR be the same one for my LC?

The guys at Audi also said its a big joy changing bushes and its just easier to change the arm which comes with the bushes.?

Is it really that differcult?

LCR and LC rear bushes on the wishbones are different, I made that mistake when ordering powerflex ones for mine. The TT ones are the same as the LCR but wont fit your LC I'm afraid.
New wishbones with standard rubber bushes already fitted are pretty cheap and may work out cheaper than the labour you'd pay in fitting new bushes to the old wishbones.

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
I wouldn't bother with poly bushings myself. I had the wishbone bushings replaced on my cupra a few weeks ago, I went for the audi tt solid rubber bushings. Steering is more direct after fitting them and not harsh at all.
rearttbush.jpg

ttwhishbonesolidbush.jpg

Neil.

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Seem to be conflicting posts here.

I know thw Audi TT Roadster bushes fit the LCR Swing arms (wish bones). The LC I'm not too sure about.
If your doing this do the front one aswell

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
Seem to be conflicting posts here.

I know thw Audi TT Roadster bushes fit the LCR Swing arms (wish bones). The LC I'm not too sure about.
If your doing this do the front one aswell

The TT wishbone bushings fit the cupra alright, I have them fitted to mine. The front bushing seems to last forever so may not need to be replaced.

The TT roadster and coupe use the same wishbone bushings, what people use from the roadster is the subframe mount bushings. I have these fitted too.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members