Wishbone / Poly Bush / ARB - Advice

T108

Jul 2, 2008
i believe so yes, mk3 golf deffo dont fit, they look almost identical but are about an inch longer!

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
yep, was probably me who said it in the past. worth looking on ebay because you can get one with powerflez bushes already fitted.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Ibiza 2/3
cordoba 2/3
Toledo mk1 (not 16v)
Inca + Caddy (95-03?)
Golf 2
Jetta 2
Corrado (88-95) not VR6

:pjust got a pair for 50.00 with polybushes!

luckly sod! :) just been thinking of a Polybush full kit for mine over winter

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
is the standard on the 2.0 16v 20mm?

i wonder if a g60 one would fit? im guessing would have to use different tierods?

standard ABF one is 20mm and pretty sure it was the mk3 20vt 23mm one that is meant to be a worthwhile swap and yes you will need rubbers + links

been meaning to look for one myself as i was looking at powerflex bushes only last week

if you find 2 collar me one :)

standard ABF one is 20mm and pretty sure it was the mk3 20vt 23mm one that is meant to be a worthwhile swap and yes you will need rubbers + links

been meaning to look for one myself as i was looking at powerflex bushes only last week

if you find 2 collar me one :)

Ive been meaning to renew my wishbones and thought about the ARB too, i didnt fancy the prices of powerflex bushes, IIRC ebay was cheapest at about 40 for a pair of front wishbone bush and 40 for the rear wishbone bush. so 80 quid in total for front wishbone bushes!!

:p so i think i did well for 50!, they need new ball joints as well!

on the hunt for a 20vt ARB then --2 if i can fl@pper!

fl@apper? there are inner bushes on the ARb as well? am i right in saying that i need ALL the tie rods and bushes from the mk3?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
fl@apper? there are inner bushes on the ARb as well? am i right in saying that i need ALL the tie rods and bushes from the mk3?

inner and outer all to match the bigger diameter, saw bill chatting about a while back and neuspeed so may be worth a search but i have noted all the bits down somewhere but then as you say once the list of powerflex got to silly money i shelved it for after winter

inner and outer all to match the bigger diameter, saw bill chatting about a while back and neuspeed so may be worth a search but i have noted all the bits down somewhere but then as you say once the list of powerflex got to silly money i shelved it for after winter

cheers, get that list up when you get a chance!
lower strut brace is on the list too at 30 odd pounds from strutbracer.co.uk, might as well at that price! do it all in one go.

completely random but cant find the part number for aux belt wth a/c on vag cat! ???

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
037260849C ribbed v-belt 21,18X1153MM / air condit.

can't remember if thats a 5 or 6 rib but ill check at work in the am

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
... once the list of powerflex got to silly money i shelved it for after winter

I was doing the same sums a while back, and I think I got to about £300, then I spotted an auction on eBay claiming to include a 'complete' new set of Powerflex bushes for an Ibiza Cupra. I asked the seller for more details but none were forthcoming, but I decided to take a punt on it. I won the auction for around £80 incl delivery, and it turned-out the only bushes that were not what I need were the rear beam bushes. Best bargain ever :D

Mind you, I might be a bit less chuffed when I'm fiddling about trying to fit them all this winter :cry:

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Bushes are still something I need to sort. Im going to go for the LCR rear wishbone bushes with new standard fronts.

Looking at ARB's brings a small tear to my wallet, to get the front and rear would cost nearly as much as I paid for the car :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.