wondering temp guage?

Big L

Hi guys im a little worried at th moment as i thing ive discovered a fault on my 03 LCR , ive only owned it 500 miles its on 71000 full service history and no modifications . its happened on 2 occasions now and this is when ive been in traffic my temp guage creeps to say 95 not much at all and when the fan kicks in it goes down to normal (90) ,the first time the water was i little low and i topped it up and this time i checked it and it was fine what could the problem be any ideas ? or am i just a car hypochondriac :help:

andycupra

status subject to change
your in traffic, and the temperature rises... fans kick in and its ok..
so it would sound ok.
However, when you say the fans come on, are they noisy?
as there are two speeds on the fans, and its not uncommon for the slower speed to fail. its something in the fan motors that give up, resistor or something. Not a cheap repair, but mostly due to being a pain to get to.

Does the temperature rise if you are free of traffic but pushing? (as in driving hard)

Also, how long does it take to warm up and get to temperature from cold. the other options might be a sticky thermostat, although as the temperature reduces with fans on you do appear to be getting circulation.

Last edited:

Big L

they are loud yeah , well as im still getting used to it ive not really been pushing as im warey for this exact reason but since it happened i decided to see so i have pushed it and now it seems fine also last week it was on VAG com and it had no error codes atall but to your question so far id say its fine after pushing and not in traffic

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members