Wont start! Dash says NO 02. ????????

janner

Hi guys. Car was fine .....10 mins later wouldnt start!

The dash says: NO 02
Does anyone have any ideas?!
Please help
I have removed plug 1 & 2 and have no spark.
I have had a coil pack up on a previously owned cordoba and suspect it on this one.

Then trying to remove the ignition leads from the distributor i have snapped one off, so i definately need a new set of these....grrrrr.

Could it be the distributor?

The plugs were black with oil, i take it due to the no spark issue?

I am thinking of just renewing the coil, leads and distributor cap and hoping that will cure it.

any help much appreciated:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

toddygti

Sep 9, 2007
Folkestone, Kent
IN 02 is just telling you it wants an oil change at the interval.
The leads are likely to be the issue, change them first and the dizzy cap r/arm. The coil is also a common suspect.

janner

Thanks toddygti,
It was the coil, replaced leads also......SORTED!
Was going to change the twinspark plugs, but was quoted £50 for new bosch iridium plugs as apparently the twinsparks are old school plugs and they are no longer sold, .......hmmmmm?????
Oil change at the interval?????
Should i just change the oil filter and oil A.S.A.P???
I was also told i dont have a distributor cap and it is a complete unit to buy, is this right??
I dont think so

mankyboy

Thanks toddygti,
It was the coil, replaced leads also......SORTED!
Was going to change the twinspark plugs, but was quoted £50 for new bosch iridium plugs as apparently the twinsparks are old school plugs and they are no longer sold, .......hmmmmm?????
Oil change at the interval?????
Should i just change the oil filter and oil A.S.A.P???
I was also told i dont have a distributor cap and it is a complete unit to buy, is this right??
I dont think so

I've got a 16v too.

The spark plugs are supposed to be good for at least 50-80k miles. So you might not need to change them ?

IN 02 is a FULL service indicator ie major service at the dealers.

OEL service indicator is oil & filter only.

I'd do an oil & filter change ASAP - but it's a pain as you need to remove the undertray so I always go to local garage / tyre & exhaust fitters to get mine done.

And remember to reset the service interval display to IN 00 so that the ECU will give you the next correct service warning.

And the distributor cap is separate - not a complete unit - go to your local motor factors for one.

mankyboy

Here's the spark plugs from my local motor factors -

Part Number: NGK2397 Spark Plug
Cordoba 2.0 (1994-1999

Engine Code ABF
BHP 150 Part Fit Date 01/96-
NGK Model Detail CORDOBA 2.0 Gap (mm) Preset

£4.67 each

And here's a distributor cap on the internet - check eBay

Distributor Cap CI [XD327]

OE Equivalent Numbers

£11.60

you might even get it cheaper at your local factors :)

toddygti

Sep 9, 2007
Folkestone, Kent
I've found every ABF I've had hasn't liked NGK plugs. My personal recommendation are Bosch Supers.

Dizzy cap is separate and usually about £15. The rotor arm is glued on and a bitch to remove but a good pull will usually free it.