Wooshy dump valve from Forge ?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
From the general response from Forge i get the impression its all about the amount of vented air and the timing. They do say that the Split-R is constructed drifferently than similar valves and that its been fully tested long term. They have done their homework and do know what they are doing. I don't think any of Forges products have ever been a 'flop' so maybe they've cracked it. Good on em, got to be a good market out there for this product.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Sorry Hooch, i meant that they have been testing it, for months, before releasing it, in order to prove it before releasing it on sale.

It seems that Alex is one of the testers.

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
my re-circ 007 from forge is really wooshy and the dumping noise is massive. easily as loud as my mates atmospheric on his EVO. the dynatwist air filter helped, but the biggets contributor to the loud dumping was the Samco TIP. made so much difference

roundy

Aug 19, 2006
Hampshire, UK
My mate has both his normal re-circ and a atmospheric one plumbed in together (can't quite remember how) on his Audi A4 1.8T and it seems to work!

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Yeah cause of course that works :rolleyes:
You can!

dump_valve.jpg

twin_dump_valve_kit.jpg

Hat or humble pie? Which one is it going to be?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
You can!

dump_valve.jpg

twin_dump_valve_kit.jpg

Hat or humble pie? Which one is it going to be?

WTF?! lol IMO venting air is 'venting' air no matter how many recirc valves you have as well, your still opening the closed loop by venting. But if it comes to it, humble pie sounds a tad more appitising than hat :) Anyways, that aint no 1.8T & neither one of them looks like a standard recirc valve and atmos valve together, as stated above. Surely thats just a barry boy way of venting lots of boost through 2x small valves rather than one big ass one?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
The chavs that are appearing are gonna love it that you can get one now for the "beeeeeezers"

I'm sticking with something i KNOW works all the time.

Dec 31, 2005
London
I quite liked the noise from my 007p and open cone k&n, but gone to standard airbox with green panel filter and cant hear a thing from my dv now, kinda miss it!
I'd be tempted with this but am not looking for an OTT dump, so i'd have to hear what it sounded like on my car first me thinks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.