World debut for new SEAT León FR

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
Ol' Timer said:
Yes. Along with the Skoda Octavia and, I think, Audi A3.

Hate to say it but i actually think that the vRS is the best looking of the lot - that's the one i'll be buying. Cheaper and more practical too

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
prices from seat.de

Leon FR
2.0T FSI , 147 kW (200 PS)¹ 23.690,00 = £16190
2.0 TDI (s), 125 kW (170 PS)¹ mit Diesel-Partikelfilter 24.690,00 = £16837

be nice if that was the price

Last edited:

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Is anyone else suspicious of the pricing? It looks great value at £17k and £500 more for the diesel, but add the xenons (supposed to be standard kit on the FR) to the current 140 TDI Sport and it's within a couple of hundred quid. Either they will have to do some serious rejigging of the prices or start dropping models.

Now I know when the original Cupra came out they changed the price repeatedly over time, but will they be prepared to do this again? Or will they they simply price it higher and remove the value nature?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I wouldn't be surprised if they phased out the sport models. The TFSI Sport could just have been a stop gap.

As Leonlad points out - these prices probably won't convert directly to sterling. Official prices will be revealed soon.

Scott

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
it could be very tricky for seat uk if they dont price the leon fr`s correctly since
they are their bread and butter cars for them.

i can honestly see the tfsi fr being priced under 17k

Last edited:

slimtater

Feb 15, 2004
Visit site
Syphon said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they phased out the sport models. The TFSI Sport could just have been a stop gap.

As Leonlad points out - these prices probably won't convert directly to sterling. Official prices will be revealed soon.

Scott

Yes indeed:
Hi Tim

Thanks for the interest on the new Leon. The 185 TFSI is no longer being made from factory and has now been super-seeded to a 200ps TFSI in the new FR. For this reason I would hold off for one of these to come in to stock which should be in mid July time. I have an Altea FR 175ps TDI coming in to stock next week which is very impressive as well. Your px glasses guides at ###### if that's any help as a rough guide to its value. If you want ill let you no when the Leon is in stock. If you want to discuss this call 01724 ****** and ask for Mark

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
slimtater said:
Yes indeed:
Hi Tim

Thanks for the interest on the new Leon. The 185 TFSI is no longer being made from factory and has now been super-seeded to a 200ps TFSI in the new FR. For this reason I would hold off for one of these to come in to stock which should be in mid July time. I have an Altea FR 175ps TDI coming in to stock next week which is very impressive as well. Your px glasses guides at ###### if that's any help as a rough guide to its value. If you want ill let you no when the Leon is in stock. If you want to discuss this call 01724 ****** and ask for Mark

"altea fr 175ps" what is that :doh: