World debut from SEAT this week...

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Simply stunning looking car. If I didn't need the space and wouldn't miss the power I'd be looking to trade the Cupra in for one of these bad boys. Just think what the next generation Leon Cupra/R will look like. :D

Scott

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Very true, just wondering in general though as there doesn't seem to be such a thing as "small" car any more and will it be lighter than the ibiza?

So the FR ibiza gets the 150bhp and probably 180 with the cupra and this gets the same? Surely performance will be nigh on identical?
Playing devils advocate i'm going to guess this will cost more than the fr/cupra but not sure how many it will sell over it?

Dont get me wrong it looks fantastic but just wondering how many they will sell?

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
With a 1.4TSI up the front end I doubt it's going to weigh as much as it would with a 2.0 litre lump.

With less weight hanging over the front wheels, it should do wonders for it's handling.

Just a pity it still doesn't have independent rear suspension as that would help it complete with the likes of the mini in handling stakes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.