Worth making a complaint or not?

stu666

Stuart
Nov 8, 2006
Scotland
Happy friday Folks,

I have a 2006 Leon which I purchased 2nd hand from a Seat franchised dealership in April this year.

Within the last month my reverse light stopped working due to a broken wire somewhere in the bottom part of the engine bay, so technically the car became non road legal.

This cost £98 for the dealer to fix this today as it was not covered by the scotsure warranty they given me with the car.

Is this worth complaining about this to the aftersales department at the garage. My thinking is that if I've bought an approved used vehicle then it should be at least gauranteed to be road legal for at least at year (with the exception of consumables like tyres etc).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Stuart

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Happy friday Folks,

I have a 2006 Leon which I purchased 2nd hand from a Seat franchised dealership in April this year.

Within the last month my reverse light stopped working due to a broken wire somewhere in the bottom part of the engine bay, so technically the car became non road legal.

This cost £98 for the dealer to fix this today as it was not covered by the scotsure warranty they given me with the car.

Is this worth complaining about this to the aftersales department at the garage. My thinking is that if I've bought an approved used vehicle then it should be at least gauranteed to be road legal for at least at year (with the exception of consumables like tyres etc).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Stuart

Unfortunately complaining and numerous phone calls to my dealer on problems with my car (that I only picked up 5 weeks ago) don't seem to make much difference to Seat franchised dealers!!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Yip it's out of manufactuers warranty. It came with a scottsure warranty for a year that only seems to cover very specific components.

pretty much like a lot of them seem to be like nowadays sadly

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members