Worth Repairing?

PEZ125

Nov 7, 2016
So I've been after a candy white btcc fr for months and one has finally come up, the only downside is it needs work.

The car is on 115k, 2 owners, bodywork and interior spot on, but the turbo is whistling and the clutch pedal sticks down on occasions. I can purchase for £3000.

Im thinking worst case new clutch/slave/flywheel, and a new turbo, around £1500-2000 to repair??

The question is, is it worth it? And if anybody has any recommendations on best place to buy turbo etc would be appreciated.

ZRZ

Dec 30, 2014
Hertfordshire
Clutch and flywheel change on these is going to cost around the £800-£1000 mark, new Turbo will probably be £1000+ easily.

For the total price of the car and around £2000 in repairs which total about £5000. That would be quite an overpriced car considering the mileage etc in my opinion.

I brought my Silver BTCC with Hybrid Turbo fitted and other mods done, FSH, with 90k miles for £4500 from a dealer. Even that I thought was a bit pricey but I liked the look of the car :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PEZ125

Nov 7, 2016
Thanks for the reply.

Looking online I can buy a Sachs clutch/flywheel kit for around £300 plus approx £200 to fit. So it's the turbo that's going to be the decider. I've been quoted £350.00 to have this reconditioned at a reputable garage or £720.00 for a new aftermarket unit. Not sure how reliable the recon option would be, but they offer a 2 year warranty.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Clutch wouldn't be that much to replace.

I had mine done with flywheel and slave cylinder for just over £600.

Doesn't seem too bad to me but, personally I would rather buy a car for a little more with no issues.

FR's hold there value well even with high mileage.

PEZ125

Nov 7, 2016
Yeah ideally I would do the same, but they really do hold their money, I've seen similar mileages go for 5000-5500. Plus they seem rare as anything to come by especially clean ones!

I've just been for a test drive, and it pulls perfect in all gears. The only things I have noticed is a very slight murmer on tick over, im talking split second but it seems to be constant every 5-6 secs or so. Also every now and again a metal ping noise from under the bonnet. These things could be normal, but having never driven one its hard to know!

Thanks the advise so far

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.