Wot box settings Lcr

Deleted member 12147

My engine now yours:( these Wot Boxes must be the cause (as well as the sh*t standard rods). I'm debating whether to remove mine now after hearing this.

You managed to source any rods?

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
It doesn't sound that bad no it's a different noise I'm getting alot of chatter from my clutch and it's a dmf set up so my mate nick from Amd said it could be that it starts 1st time no problem chatters on idle then clutch depressed stops if you build the revs up it shakes , Danny did you just change the rods after it made that noise was there any other damage ? It didn't backfire at all when I shifted I just done a normal wot shift ,

Deleted member 12147

Let's hope it's something different then (not expensive to fix)

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Well clutch is 750 plus fitting / gear box rebuild is dunno , or internals are megga as well either way it will be dear just hope it's not the engine

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Yes that's what it sounds like the noise goes when depressed but still shakes when revved and depressed , nick from amd said sounds like the dualmass has gone , would love a diff but think the clutch /fly will be dear enough lol

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Just driven the car , seems fine boosts like normal no missing noise from the exhaust , me and my mate are 99% sure it's the flywheel , it's not slipping at all even on boost , its getting a weird humming/wuring noise but goes as soon as the clutch is depressed there is no clutch slip , if you rest your foot over the clutch pedal you can feel it shaking , think the wot shifts have killed the dual mass , if nick from Amd confirms it's the flywheel I'm going to order the helix race clutch and smf kit tomorrow

rikwheeler

Apr 23, 2006
Lincoln
www.rikwheeler.com
That's not good mate. Just had my WOT box fitted on mine running on standard internals with a GT2871R. Don't dare use it now anymore.
Works really well when changing gear (boost drops from about 22psi to about 10psi) but can't get it to bang or produce flames at all. Do you think I just need to change the WOT time? Not sure what's it set on atm

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Can't expect to run a wot box on a un hearthy car... or old or used items...

For it to bang put it in 3rd or alike let it build out of boost just as the needles start to get near 10psi or so with the accel foor kept down quitly dip the clutch....

then brace your self lol

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Haha it's stupidly loud when it back fires it has to be hot so go out for a tear then it will do it, I'm ordering the clutch and flywheel next week

Deleted member 12147

That's not good mate. Just had my WOT box fitted on mine running on standard internals with a GT2871R. Don't dare use it now anymore.
Works really well when changing gear (boost drops from about 22psi to about 10psi) but can't get it to bang or produce flames at all. Do you think I just need to change the WOT time? Not sure what's it set on atm

If it were me I wouldn't use it til you've upgraded the internals.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
yeah I can do mine instanly in any gear....

once you've learnt you can do it on full boost i do mine at 24psi and boy it booms...

i woundnt recommend doing it all the time though if at all...if you wot shift proberly it wont do it..

rikwheeler

Apr 23, 2006
Lincoln
www.rikwheeler.com
If it were me I wouldn't use it til you've upgraded the internals.

Yeah I know, it's always on my mind. Its running a solid stage 3 atm and everything apart from the internals and clutch have been upgraded. Garage said they've mapped it so I shouldn't have issues but better start saving. Want to get a clutch, flywheel and LSD pretty soon then will need to do the rods and pistons.
Don't use the launch control for obvious reasons but been told the WOT box shouldn't cause too many problems apart from putting a larger load on the clutch

yeah I can do mine instanly in any gear....

once you've learnt you can do it on full boost i do mine at 24psi and boy it booms...

i woundnt recommend doing it all the time though if at all...if you wot shift proberly it wont do it..

Will have a play with it to see if I can get it but may need to come to your meet and you can show me what I'm doing wrong if that's alright?
If I increase the WOT time should that help? If it cuts the ignition coils for longer then shortly there'll be more fuel in the exhaust to ignite?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.