would a full SS decat help my 110bhp remapped car?

w14ntd

Jul 8, 2009
Advice

currently own a 110bhp seat leon.. hopefully getting this remapped this week to AROUND 140bhp ( just over i think ). had some change and wanted to buy a nice set of wheels but then thought twice.. would a full SS decat help with the power of the car? if so i think id prefer it over the wheels. i know diesel being diesel is always going to sound like that but does anyone have any advice?

thanks in advance

Wheely

Nov 19, 2003
The Sou' West
Visit site
When I owned a 110hp Leon a few years ago I had a remap then changed the wheels to 17"" (cupra alloys) and it transformed the handling and stopped a lot of body roll.

I'd go for the wheels now you got 140hp, at least you will keep it on the road easier thru the bends -- I dont think the gains from the decat are going to be so great.

Thats my opinion.

w14ntd

Jul 8, 2009
the map im getting is off the shelf so i dont think it would matter if i got the decat before or after. and yeah the rolling is an issue!!! it just feels... not smooth trying to grip to the road

gulzar

LCR jabba'd
Oct 1, 2007
if your going for a remap, id try get the suspension sorted as the forces are greater after the remap. a good spring and shocks set up should sort out the grip problem obviously accompanied to a descent set of tyre's. once thats done then go for the decat, it will help on a mapped car and give more power. my logic is no point having alot of power if you cant get it to the road. then when all is on brakes and wheels. although should prod add that the brakes are a majorly important part to ensure they can cope with the power hike.

good luck ;-)

gulzar

Last edited:

w14ntd

Jul 8, 2009
dont i know it! i just spent £200 on my brakes lol so a big dent in my pocket. remap thursday got a bit of change. springs i think should be next but i cant help but feel unsafe.. in my previous car ( astra ) when i went around bends i could tell the cars limits and it VERY rarely 'slipped' never spun out. in this i cant help but feel it wont slip but it will just spin and kill me lol. think that would be the next investment. thanks everyone

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members