Would you avoid a car with Pioneer Nav ?

exeo

Apr 21, 2012
Sorry for the lack of introduction guys, I`ll do that when I get chance.

Currently looking at an ST sport tech 140 in Black but it`s got the pioneer nav fitted, I realise the iPod connection is better and it has full postcode search but am I right in saying the voice command wont work either ?? and I wont get nav or telephone info on the DIS ?? Anything else lost ?? Parking sensors still work I take it ??

Would you avoid the pioneer models and look for an OEM sat nav car instead ?

Have the option of paying 1K more for a 3mth newer White 140 that also has xenons but not sure wether its worth, also a 170 White one available with xenons for just £250 more again. Decisions. decisions.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
The xenons are just amazing and they are well worth having. They steer left/right and they are really cool. They are sooooooooooo much better than the halogen headlights it is a night and day difference.

The same really with the 170 engine, it is considerably more powerful with only a very very slight loss of MPG over the 140. Personally after driving both there was no way I wanted the 140.

BTW I do know all about remaps and boxes so don't bother going there.

As far as I'm concerned a 170 with xenons and leather is an absolute must.

Either of the 2 navs are fine with me.

Last edited:

MasterKey

New Exeo owner
Nov 26, 2011
Gloucestershire, UK
Regardless of other features, given a choice between Xenon and non-Xenon, I'd go with the Xenon any day. As Nath said, they're significantly better than standard headlights.

exeo

Apr 21, 2012
Are the Halogen lights quite poor on the Exeo ? My Astra has Halogen lights and I don`t struggle at nght TBH. The wife`s X5 has Bi-xenons tho and granted they are much, much brighter.

I drove 2 143 saloons yesterday and both felt slower than my twintop 150 cdti, was already thinking about a remap to improve things. Maybe I should just go for the 170.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
The halogens on the Exeo aren't poor it's just that factory bixenons are on a totally different level to halogens of any sort.

the 170 is 22% more powerful than the 140. :funk:

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
I drove 2 143 saloons yesterday and both felt slower than my twintop 150 cdti, was already thinking about a remap to improve things. Maybe I should just go for the 170.

What's the mileage on the cars you drove? My CR143 has done 11,000 and all of a sudden over the last week or so the engine has woken up. From my experience and from reading others' comments it appears that the engine takes a while to loosen up. As for as the the extra 27 horsepower, even with the CR143 the engine provides more torque than the tyres can transmit to the road without breaking traction and the top speed is over 50mph faster than the motorway speed limit and will quite easily lose your licence for you if you want it to. But having said all that, with the CR170 you also get uprated steering and brakes, so if there's not much in it I'd go for the CR170.

exeo

Apr 21, 2012
Andrew, one was only on 3K but the other had done nearly 17K. Both felt the same but maybe the higher mileage one hadn't been thrashed ?

Anyway being a tight arse I went for the cheapest car, a Black 140 without xenons and the pioneer nav unit fitted. Collecting Friday.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise