Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Would you use this DSG fluid?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by CTID, Aug 29, 2014.

1. CTID

CTID Active Member

Bought from ECP for the tidy sum of £43.19.

[​IMG]

Meets VW TL 052 182 (DSG except DQ400 and DQ500)

[​IMG]

It is around £25 cheaper than the stuff from TPS, and I have read numerous things about Triple QX being Shell rebottled and rebranded by ECP to save money on the CarLube stuff they used to sell. This was also confirmed by the chap behind the desk I purchased from.

I'm sort of swaying towards taking it back and getting genuine stuff from TPS tomorrow, but as it's the price difference of a set of spark plugs, and meets a VW standard I'm in two minds.

The VW standard it meets could be anything - I can't find any info on it. The DQ400 and DQ500 are the newer 7 speed boxes, so it isn't compatible with these, but as ECP don't have spec sheets for Triple QX oils, I am left in the dark...

Has anyone used it?

:)

2. Mac

Mac Active Member

never heard of this brand .. so i wouldn't buy it in 1st place
    i put motul dctf in mine and works fine

3. J400uk

J400uk Active Member

I wouldn't use that on mine as the DSG 'box is complex and capable of throwing up some big bills if it goes wrong. Bit too much of a risk given the unknowns

4. CTID

CTID Active Member

It went back today, and I got 5l of the genuine stuff for only £23 more.

Not worth it for the hefty bill it could land me with!!

Cheers chaps.

5. MJ

MJ Public transport abuser

The 6 speed dsg boxes require at least 6/8 litres of oil if you're planning on changing it.

6. CTID

CTID Active Member

Close. The 6 speed box from dry holds 7.2 litres.

But...

You remove the drain plug and then the measuring snorkel then 4.7/4.8 litres comes out. If doing a top fill you measure precisely how much was drained and refill with the same amount.

If using the VAS6262 tool, or a home made version of it, then you need 5.5 litres and measure with engine running when temp is between 35-45'c and let the rest drain out the snorkel still leaving around 4.7/4.8 litres actually dropped.