Wrecked Cupra R??

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
:help:Guys and Gals,

Just driven past a local scrap yard and saw a wrecked 02 Leon Cupra with some heavy rear damage! Would the front bumper fit my 02 Toledo TDI??? If so Ill go back with socket-set in hand!!!!

cheers!

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
EmDee looks just like yours too... poor car... better pillage what I can :D. Prices are as follows, tell me what you think...?

Full front and back seats 250
Front Bumper 60!!! <<<WIN!
Alloys + Tyres 200...

Are you being serious about the engine? :p how much work would that actually take?!?

EmDee

Omnishambolic
DUDE those are some decent prices, buy the lot if you can afford it. Even if you don't use it all you can sell it on for a tidy profit. The seats go for a good 350-500 on ebay and the alloys go for up to 600 with tyres.

The engine is a big job, giving issues with wiring looms, ignitions etc not to mention I wouldn't do it without doing the brakes and suspension too.

I've not seen a Toledo R though...

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
Im going for the bumper + fogs on monday, will maybe get the rest after crimbo if they are still around! Will take it to a local spray shop to get it silver'd up!

No, neither have I.... Hmmm we could be onto something here boys! Or even If I could find a cupra TDI engine...

I WAS going to buy a Civic Type R, got a loan for it etc then discovered it had been seriously ragged around... now im just thinking ill keep my car and make it as much of an insane TDi as possible!

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Which engine have you got? I presume its either the 110 or 130?
They all have potential mate ;)
If you think about the amount of money you would spend on a new car then put that into mods you could have a serious weapon there!

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
Its a 130, with 82k on the clock, immaculate inside and out, need a new front seat due to a little rip...

I was thinking of... new turbo (hybrid or just uprated), injector heads & multi-mode-remap. For the time being anyway. (dont know what to do with the exhaust, loud ones sound terrible on TDIs...)

Guess I should go take some pics and make/post a mod journal!

200bhp by next xmas... win!

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I dont mean to be a wet blanket or anything but transplanting an engine is just not as easy as it used to be and doing so can warrent bills which are far higher and yield less results than just modifying whats already there. The tole came with either the 90, 110 (both of which were none pd's) and the 130/150 asz/arl tdi engines and as said all have some tuning potential, i know BRAD1 is running almost 190bhp in his 110 leon where as others with the 130/150 have seen results as high as 275bhp!

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Nice one mate, get some pics up and put a deposit on those seats!

There are loads of people on here getting good power from their 130s

I've done my bit, now I shall sit back and watch your post count skyrocket and you bank balance fall!

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
MJ - thanks for the advice, I think your probably right with "work with what ou have" path of things. But... I've never tuned a TDI before, so the big question is.. Where do I start?

EmDee - Still gonna be cheaper than a new car :)

DPJ - Whitley bay area
Cheers!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise