Wrong alloys

theb00g1em4n

Mar 5, 2018
had my car for a month now and only just noticed that it has been supplied with the wrong size wheels, is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
You could do two things.

1) Ask for opinions on a forum
2) Point out the error to the supplying retailer

I'll let you decide which is more likely to result in them being changed for what you actually ordered...

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
I noticed on an earlier post on another subject that you stated that you hadn’t ordered any options, do you have a copy of your order?

If you have proof take it back to the dealer and request they are changed ASAP, but it begs the question why has it taken you a month to notice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theb00g1em4n

Mar 5, 2018
I didn’t order any options, it was a free upgrade and yes I have the mobility order form that states 18 inch alloys

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
In that case take it back to the supplying dealer along with your paperwork.

I wanted 18’s but my car was in stock with 17’s and now I have them I’m glad I’ve got them because the ride is really good and they are very easy to clean. If you’re happy ask for some money off as has been suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...it begs the question why has it taken you a month to notice?
^^ Yeah, that ^^

Before you go to your dealership make sure your Motability agreement shows 18" in the model description. If not they can (and will) argue that the order form was wrong and you have the correct specification.

Deleted member 103408

And the next question is does it make any difference to you, if you have the 18" vs the 17"

theb00g1em4n

Mar 5, 2018
Update..
Contacted the dealer and was only told 'factory ran out of 18's' and was told as its a mobility car they dont have to change them

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.