Wrong Glowplug Harness

NagaBurns

Jan 22, 2010
Shropshire
Hi guys

Got myself some shiny new glowplugs and a new harness/loom for them last week from Dave at Sere.
The glowplug installations went really well with no issues at all but when I started to follow the cables back from the harness I couldn't find the terminals to disconnect it, so I checked the part number on it and it was different to the one Dave had supplied.
To cut a long story short Dave has contacted SEAT UK and they have said that the one on my car is no longer in production and that the one he has supplied is the replacement part.
So, I need to cut the existing harness off and connect the new one to the cables. The new harness has already got the male part of a spade end terminal on each cable and the cable is about 150mm long.

Has anyone done this before and what are my best options for connecting the cables together?

All the best
Lee

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
hello,
i have x2 of the old type. The two wire one.
can you confirm part number you require and we should be able to sort something out.

Details of what i have:
SK aka part code: 038 971 782 B
Description: contact bridge

neil in shropshire

NagaBurns

Jan 22, 2010
Shropshire
Hi Neil

Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure it'll work and I'm even more confused now.

The one I currently have fitted has the part number: 038 971 220

The new one from Dave has the part number: 028 971 766

And your old versions have a different number again. Just out of interest, how long are the wires on the old variant you have?

All the best
Lee

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
Lee,
took a couple of pics as well if it helps.
wire length is 2.5metres

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

Thing is, do you need the 2wire or 4wire one?
If 2wire and have 4wire, what you going to do with the other 2wires?

mine is June 04 and i needed the 4wire with plug to go on mine.

Neil

Last edited:

NagaBurns

Jan 22, 2010
Shropshire
Hi Neil
Thanks for adding the pictures, mine is an '03 and a two wire but I can tell from the picture that your harness won't fit my engine.
Here's a couple of pics of the new one that has short wires with terminals on.
cache_0000012cccd09733f0.jpg

cache_0000012cccd451bef1.jpg

I did ask Dave to supply me with the terminals so I could cut the existing wires and install the new one but he said there were hundreds of them and he didn't know which ones I needed. He even sent me a screen shot of the diagram of the harness and loom and it showed no connections on it, that's why he was stumped.

Thanks for posting the link to the TDI Club thread Rob. There's plenty of reading for me there, I'll get stuck into that tomorrow.

All the best
Lee

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members