WTCC racer Tom Boardman to join BTCC line up for 2010

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Tom Boardman returns to race full time in the UK for the first time since winning the SEAT Cupra Championship in 2005.

After further SEAT one-make successes in Spain, and a season in the WTCC the 26 year old Lancashire driver will contest the BTCC in a SEAT Leon TSI run by Special Tuning (UK). It will also mark a return for Tom to the BTCC for the first time since 2003, having contested the Production class from 2001 to 2003.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I've expressed to Special Tuning UK's press man, that the SEAT Barmy Army will be thrilled to be able to support a SEAT racer this season. As it was looking a little quiet on any kind of SEAT involvement this year.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Great news that the Seat Sport flags will get a proper airing this season!

The Barmy Army will also be supporting AMD's Golf and JP in whatever he turns up in for BTCC and of course YRC with Fulvio Mussi in the Wacky Races aka Renault Clio Cup. :) Roll on April.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Latest news is that "Flash" Sheddon has returned to Team Dynamics in the Hondas, paired with our favorite Matt Squeal :bleh:

Sadly no sign of any other SEATS or activity from Adam Jones at present. Do watch out for announcement for drivers for Motorbase though. Dave Bartrum is hinting he may have something big up his sleeve. A drive for Turks perhaps???

Looks like it will be an intriguing season.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
I still reckon Jones may emerge in the second Special Tuning Leon, not seen his car up for sale on either racecarsdirect.com or touringcarsspares.com

Turks at Motorbase.............nah, surely not. WSR still have a third car (I don't think Reid completely killed it last year), and WSR are still saying they would like to retain Turk's services

Kane back at motorbase with Johnny Adam? Even worse, Bartrum has given Gio a job

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Just read on btcc.net that Rob Huff will be the guest driver in one of the Dynojet Ginetta G50's at THRUXTON.

Will be good to see him pedalling one of those; a bit different from a WTCC spec Chevy.

So Barmy Army Support for ?????:_

BTCC Tom Boardman SEAT Special Tuning + Ben GOLF AMD + Jason Plato Chevy Cruze RML

Clio Cup Fulvio Mussi YRC (of course)

Ginetta G50 Rob Huff Dynojet

Ginetta Juniors Sarah & David Moore Team Eurotech (Mike Jordan's outfit)

snooze time for other races ;)

All those in favour say Aye :lol:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Rob isn't unfamiliar with powerful RWD two seaters. He runs around in a Corvette ZR1 road car most of the time, at least he was last time I saw him.

Not to mention he has raced an MGB Roadster V8 on several occasions in the MG Car Club BCV8 Championship

I think he'll be pretty handy in the G50.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Rob isn't unfamiliar with powerful RWD two seaters. He runs around in a Corvette ZR1 road car most of the time, at least he was last time I saw him.

And he had this CSL in 2005, so he must enjoy RWD:

DSC_3531.JPG

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Just read on btcc.net that Rob Huff will be the guest driver in one of the Dynojet Ginetta G50's at THRUXTON.

Will be good to see him pedalling one of those; a bit different from a WTCC spec Chevy.

BTCC Tom Boardman SEAT Special Tuning + Ben GOLF AMD + Jason Plato Chevy Cruze RML

so as usual, nap during formula boring

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire

Oh Aye..............:funk:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise