WTCC: SEAT ends co-operation with ORECA

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
This does mean SEAT will have a couple more chassis' up for sale, wonder where they will end up?

I bet they'll all be up for sale.

Rules will change, probably to exclude the diesels.

No more SEAT, BMW can reduce the ridiculous burden of their many teams (if not totally leave) and Daywoo will win by default.

Leonidas

Who know's, they might be developing an s2000 rally car for the new wrc in 2011 :cloud9:

Leonidas

Ohh an NGTC Exeo would pull the heart strings :D
It would have a longer wheelbase than most and good aero to go along wit it :cartman:

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Ohh an NGTC Exeo would pull the heart strings :D
It would have a longer wheelbase than most and good aero to go along wit it :cartman:

Yeah,, but most idependant teams rely on ex-works cast offs. Can't see it myself, SEAT Sport will be long gone by then, As soon as the Leon Chassis becomes un-competative, they'll pull out completely I reckon ( back to m0rks comment about diesels being banned, should the FIA do that, the Leon would be no more, as I reckon SEAT Sport have wrung all they can out of the Petrol engines)

Leonidas

I cant see SEAT sport just been got rid off. Do ya think that because SEAT's new CEO think touring cars are a waste of time and wants to cancel it. Surely some form of motorsport should be continued. Its always caused awareness and helped there image...

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
I cant see SEAT sport just been got rid off. Do ya think that because SEAT's new CEO think touring cars are a waste of time and wants to cancel it. Surely some form of motorsport should be continued. Its always caused awareness and helped there image...

OK, Saying no more SEAT Sport may have been OTT a bit, but I reckon they won't carry on in touring gars, back into Rallying maybe, the Spaniards love a bit of rallying.

Leonidas

Oh stop it Mike. My hair is standin on my neck thinkin about it. Imagine an s2000 Ibiza Bocanegra :drool:
Ford a developing an s2000 Fiesta and theres already a 207, Fabia, Punto, Corsa and Satria.

Leonidas

Well, look how the beezas did back in the 1990's, was a damn good rally car.

Exactly. And look what it done for there image back then...
If SEAT sport were set up in Sligo for the 2011 wrc id camp outside it :lol:

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I bet they'll all be up for sale.

Rules will change, probably to exclude the diesels.

No more SEAT, BMW can reduce the ridiculous burden of their many teams (if not totally leave) and Daywoo will win by default.

BMW to disappear as a works team to either the DTM in 2011 or Le Mans with the new M3 GT2?

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
BMW to disappear as a works team to either the DTM in 2011 or Le Mans with the new M3 GT2?

Has been rumoured on Touring Car Times. But my views is, and I don't know if it has already been said on the sites forum, trying to speak as an expert, would they enter a series which is a sillouette championship? A series where the 320si would look as out of place as can be? Plus the attendances is apparently low according to the members on there. However the DTM organisers have had for about a year plans to reduce costs and aerodynamics but are they low enough to attract a third manufacturer and Andy Priaulx has said on the site he would be happy to join the DTM if BMW do.

But that is about BMW. We are talking about SEAT. Jamie Puig says on the site it all depends on the rules. If the compensation weight rule is abolished and more aligned to other series like the BTCC then I think that may be a step toward seeing SEAT stay. But I am sure Jamie Puig said he is very comitted to staying in the WTCC.

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Oh stop it Mike. My hair is standin on my neck thinkin about it. Imagine an s2000 Ibiza Bocanegra :drool:
Ford a developing an s2000 Fiesta and theres already a 207, Fabia, Punto, Corsa and Satria.

Sadly as you have said yourself, there is already a Fabia. Why would VAG allow two sister makes to compete against each other?

I'd love to see a rally variant, don't get me wrong.

Beefa-Rally-Mud.jpg

Unfortunately, I think SEAT are losing the plot. In fact, after seeing the new LCR I'm sure of it. I don't think TDIleonMike was that far off the mark with his comment about SEAT sport being a thing of the past after a few years. They'll probably go green and be the eco friendly VAG division or something at this bloody rate (although lightweight is good :think:).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members