WTF?? my spacers fit on the front but not on the rear??

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Hiya everyone,

A week ago I've ordered some spacers and now I've finally got a chance to fit them. They are 4x100 20mm hubcentric spacers. I took off the rear wheel, slid the spacer on but there is a 3mm gap between the spacer and the wheel?? The bore is correct but its catching on the central hub surround thingy, and the inside of the spacer isn't countersunk to fit. Then I took of the front wheel to try and fit it there, and because that hasn't got the surround as long, it fits like a dream.

What can I do??

Will post pictures in a bit to help explain the situation.

mig

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Can't speak for the Ibiza, but on the Leon/Toledo the centre spigot on the back is massive

I'm running 5mm cheapo eBay-special spacers on the back with no problems at all locating the wheel

You're gonna struggle to get 20mm hubcentric spacers on the back I reckon :(

You could flog the hubcentric pair, and go for a slightly smaller spacer like this - eBay

...or you may have to get some smaller hubcentric spacers, trial them, and get a pair of universal spacers to fill the gap between the spacer and hub :shrug:

Or re-bolt spacers ?? :headhurt: £££

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Well my mate came over in his mk3 golf and we tried to fit them to his and they wouldn't fit either. I've got loads of pics I'm going to put up in half hour to explain, and will show the seller to explain that they don't fit so that I can at least get a refund.

Mig

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
I'll let the photos do the talking:

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

Mig

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
how far out does your rear hub spigot stick out then?
the bolt on spacers dont have the same clearance as plain hubcentrics by the look of the pictures

Mckellar

hope its just your spacers, mines come this week for my porsche adaptors..

Got me worried now Mig :headhurt:

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
hope its just your spacers, mines come this week for my porsche adaptors..

Got me worried now Mig :headhurt:

Knowing my luck it is probably just my spacers. But as I said, they didn't fit to a mk3 golf rear hub either :( Gonna have to phone up the place I got them from on Tuesday and ask them WTF is going on :lol:

Mig

Mckellar

doesnt sound right mig, ive definately seen my spacers on a car, a mk2 golf so im just hoping everything is all ok!

Good luck with yours

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I've seen that before on another brand of spacers too - can't remember who's it was though

they're faulty by design, but you could mod them if non returnable if you know someone with a lathe

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Where did you get them from?

I was jus about to order some off ebay for the rear.

Thanks
JK

I got them off the old Ebay :rolleyes: They looked nice and promising, were hubcentric and came with 8 bolts, just the little fact that they didn't fit :doh: . Well as I've said I was the first to order from their new batch, so hoping they just got a **** batch otherwise I will have to get a refund............ or try and turn them down a little on a lathe. The seller has 4000 positive feedback and not a single negative comment in the past 6 months, so hope everything will be resolved simply.

Mig

Mckellar

Brummy get a set of 5mm ones for the front, when i put the estorils on mines they didnt look very wide at all , what are yours 6J or 6.5?

Good luck mig also, hope its all an easy swap

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.