wwwoooooosshshhh

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
hello fellow wooshers! how is the wooshing going this week?

Plenty wooooosh here mate. Infact its a little too loud now, sounds like I got a leak somewhere.......

Bet people think i'm a right tit for having a dump valve on my TDI........but I can't explain to everyone that I dont have a dump valve, its just very woooooooooshy.

sfalcus

Mar 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
the whoosh sound changes alot when the windows are up, sounds more like a splurge of air.

My mam has an astra cdti 150 and there is no whoosh on that at all!

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
I hear mine best when I drive beside a Wall - Would get a nice recording if you done it that way

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I hear mine best when I drive beside a Wall - Would get a nice recording if you done it that way

I've tried and better tried this, as I want my woooooooooosh as my phone txt alert.

I just can't get any MIC to pick the woooooooosh up. Too much background noise masking the sound I want :(

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
I've tried and better tried this, as I want my woooooooooosh as my phone txt alert.

I just can't get any MIC to pick the woooooooosh up. Too much background noise masking the sound I want :(

What about stashing a Mic in the engine bay beside the wastegate? :lol: A little extreme but you'll get the whistling then the woosh in good quality!

Txt tone is a great idea for it :D

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
What about stashing a Mic in the engine bay beside the wastegate? :lol: A little extreme but you'll get the whistling then the woosh in good quality!

Txt tone is a great idea for it :D

Yeh, that might work. I don't have a mic on a long enough wire.........I need to do some DIY! :D