Wynn’s Direct Injection Power 3

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Hi, has any one used or heard if this is any good, especially for keeping the inlet valves clean.
Here’s some info I found in the AudiWorld forum.
DIRECT INJECTION POWER 3
Air Intake Cleaner – Spray can

DESCRIPTION
Wynn's Direct Injection Power 3 is an aerosol product developed for cleaning the air intake system of direct injection petrol engines.

PROPERTIES
Provides immediate thorough cleaning of air intake system and inlet valves.
Strong power jet spray to support cleaning action.
Dissolves gum, lacquer and deposits.
Easy to use, cleaning takes only 5 minutes, no dismantling of components necessary.
Restores or maintains the engine performance.
Eliminates and avoids starting problems.
Improves acceleration properties.

APPLICATIONS
 Recommended to be used at each service interval to maintain cleanliness of the air intake manifold, inlet valves and EGR valve of direct injection petrol engines.

DIRECTIONS
Warm up engine. Remove the air filter.
Run engine up to 2000 rpm.
Spray 200 ml product in short burst into the air intake manifold.
Rpm will drop during spraying. Allow the revs to pick back up before resuming.
If necessary, increase the throttle to avoid stalling.
Let the engine idle for a few minutes with occasional increases in throttle, but do not exceed 3000 rpm.
Leave the engine running for at least one minute after the last acceleration.
Stop the engine. Put filter back in place.

TECHNICAL DATA
Appearance : clear liquid
Density at C : ca. 0,736 kg/dm³15
Flash Point : < C21
Propellant gas : propane

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
If you're spraying it in to the inlet whilst the engine is running, how does it manage to get in contact with the aleged dirty surfaces, it's a mist being sprayed in and burnt. Badly burnt too if the revs drop..............

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
I tried a fuel system cleaning additive- I have always done so on other cars- It put the engine management light on....

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
DIRECTIONS
Warm up engine. Remove the air filter.
Run engine up to 2000 rpm.
Spray 200 ml product in short burst into the air intake manifold.
Rpm will drop during spraying. Allow the revs to pick back up before resuming.
If necessary, increase the throttle to avoid stalling.
Let the engine idle for a few minutes with occasional increases in throttle, but do not exceed 3000 rpm.
Leave the engine running for at least one minute after the last acceleration.
Stop the engine. Put filter back in place.

TECHNICAL DATA
Appearance : clear liquid
Density at C : ca. 0,736 kg/dm³15
Flash Point : < C21
Propellant gas : propane

Where should you be spraying it when running a CAI (v-flow in my case) ...??? Just in the air conduction tube after removing the cone filter ...???

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Should you really be spraying these products directly into the turbo?
I think it's maybe meant for NA engined cars

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
If you're spraying it in to the inlet whilst the engine is running, how does it manage to get in contact with the aleged dirty surfaces, it's a mist being sprayed in and burnt. Badly burnt too if the revs drop..............

To see "the aleged dirty surfaces" has you put it, have a look at the catch can thread. The inlet valves can get a right mess because with direct injection the fuel does not pass over the inlet valves to keep them clean and with the dirty gasses been put back into the engine is why people fit catch cans, so if this product does what it states it can only do good.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i used something similar to this on my mk1 leon but i sprayed it directly into the throttle body , worked well , revs do die but come back.
Not sure how this can be done on the 2.0 tfsi variants though.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Where should you be spraying it when running a CAI (v-flow in my case) ...??? Just in the air conduction tube after removing the cone filter ...???

I read some where (cant find it now) that it has to be sprayed after the MAF sensor if that helps.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I used this on a service on my 72k mile 106GTi N/A and it did make a nice difference. Not sure if it would work the same on a more complicated new turbo engine.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Why would you want to add this to a new car? Because the TFSi is a direct injection engine, one of the solutions put forward on another forum, and possibly on here, was a product called Sea Foam......

Let me see if i can find details.....

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
The best way to get these products onto the valves on a TFSI engine is directly into the intake manifold. I have tried it and works. You cant rev the engine though as if you get boost pressure the pipe will be blown out of the port. On the other end of the pipe is a football inflation needle which meters the flow of product (redex in this case). On tickover there is a vaccum which draws the redex into the manifold and over the valves.
IMGP2302.jpg
IMGP2303.jpg

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Why would you want to add this to a new car? Because the TFSi is a direct injection engine, one of the solutions put forward on another forum, and possibly on here, was a product called Sea Foam......

Let me see if i can find details.....

What I was thinking was, Wynns recomend using it every service, so if I started using it at my 1st service and then every 12 months it should help keep things nice and clean.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise