Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Xenon Headlight Replacement

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by Jasonsmith1989, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Jasonsmith1989

Jasonsmith1989 Active Member

I have a Leon Cupra MK2 with the cornering xenon headlights. When looking at replacement LED versions on ebay etc they all say they are not compatible with factory fitted xenons.

Was wondering if someone in the know could tell me why and whether there is anywhere you can get replacement LED headlights that are compatible. Not something I'm looking to do now but maybe in the future.

2. Legojon

Legojon I only wanted a remap

Maybe something to do with the auto-leveling? There are people (some on Facebook if you have it). That will modify your current headlight enclosure. I've considered having LED drl strips added. You have to remove them and send them away, then whoever melts the glue sealing the unit, sticks the LED strip in, wires and reseals it and sends it back.

Jasonsmith1989 likes this.
  3. fozzybear

fozzybear middle aged speed freak

Xenons are better for other drivers as leds are too bright ...there are some 50% brighter xenon bulbs that will be far better and you keep original turn with h/lights....i wouldn,t bother with led,s just sidelights maybe......