xenons?

Tamas328

Apr 19, 2017
Hi everyone

I just bought an Exeo ST sport tech, and I`m trying to find out if it has Xenons or not. It is an 11 plate so pre-facelift model. When I start the engine the head lights do a little up and down / side to side dance and they have a white-blueish hue but they don`t appear to have headlight washers.

Can anyone help me work out what these are? :confused:

Tamas328

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks for your help, I have no such labels on either side so I have to assume they are not xenons. Not a problem, but at least I know now :)

sammerano

Jun 9, 2014
Still, the normal halogen bulbs don't do any movement when starting and they are quite yellowish. So it sort of sounds like xenons to me. Maybe the previous owner just put some fancy halogen bulbs in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREEBO22

Daft Old Codger
Dec 27, 2015
Coventry UK
Hi Tamas328, ive got a 2010 sport tech and mine has Xenons ( i didnt realise they "danced" till a week after i got it lol) get someone to sit in the car, engine running with lights on so you can stand infront to check the bumper and then get them to activate the screen washer a couple of times ,, the headlamp washers should pop out of the bumper,, but it doesnt do it every time ( on my car it seems to be every 2nd or 3rd time)

Tamas328

Apr 19, 2017
I took the lid off the back of the headlight unit and a little label underneath says Philips XenStart - so it must be Xenons after all.

Now looking at getting the yellow-ish sidelight bulbs replaced, they look a bit rubbish next to the cool white main beams. Anyone know what bulbs I need? I usually use Osram ones

adsfisher

Sep 6, 2015
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Hi Tamas328 I would have said you do have the xenon's. But not too sure about the light washers...... My light washers only activate when the lights are on and I pull the screen wash lever for longer than 3 seconds.

Maybe the xenon lights were retro fitted by the previous owner?

Tamas328

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Tamas328 I would have said you do have the xenon's. But not too sure about the light washers...... My light washers only activate when the lights are on and I pull the screen wash lever for longer than 3 seconds.

Maybe the xenon lights were retro fitted by the previous owner?

I don`t think these were retro fitted as the car is a Sport Tech so has a lot of options anyway. It also has the cut-outs on the bumper for the washers, I`ll have to get the missus to check it for me one day.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise