xenon's

keeper

Has any one upgraded there head light bulbs with the xenon's or similar and was it worth it .

D8MNS

Quattro Power baby yer!!!
Nov 8, 2004
Badland Brum on the manor.!!!!
go and get the the xenons

i loved mine looked the dogs dangles mate best outside mod ive done yet ;) these are the xenons with the ballasts packs tho not the cheaper bulb upgrades

AlphaMale

Apr 28, 2005
Cardiff
Cost about £150 and I'd be tempted if I didn't have a long list of mods I have provisionally bought already.

I think there might be a group buy somewhere on them :whistle: :whistle:

Do it. (not speaking from experience just research over the last few months)

Alpha

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
I did them this morning, WOW.

I ordered the pilot kit (top quality ****) yesterday from www.hids4u.co.uk at about lunch time, it landed on my door step at 9am this morning, i was out driving with them fitted by 10am

I did pay £240 for these, but dam are they worth it they give a very bright white light with a v v small hint of blue, lights everything up.

Really easy to fit, basicly take out the old bulb, drill a 23mm hole in the back plastic cover. Plug one wire in the starter things, another into the exsisting bulb wiring and put the wire from one to the other with supplied grommit and switch em on!

the image below is in the day light so u cant really see how bright it is, the bulb on the left is the xenon and the one on the right is a 1 week old Philips BLueVision bulb (seemly the most hid like out there)

Xenon%20001.jpg

keeper

I was thinking of just the bulbs like osram silverstar or philips vision plus at about £24

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
keeper said:
I was thinking of just the bulbs like osram silverstar or philips vision plus at about £24

Ive tried Philips Vision Plus and TBH you can hardly notice, if you fancy my one week old set tho, fire over a pm.

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
Redcupra20vt said:
i have heard this too. pretty sure its true

And you are correct. There are no legal kits for the Leon to allow you to upgrade just the bulb to HID. There is a full headlight + levelling sensors + washer kit available from Holland which is ECE marked and legal, but it's not cheap. Do a search.

Simon.

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Last edited:

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Chaz said:
I keep thinking about doing this as well.. Is it really that easy to fit??

Anyone done a fitting guide?

It really is that easy to fit, im thick as anything and i did it in 30 min, most hassle was putting the bulbs in, same hassle as if they were standard due to stupid design of leon/toledo's

As for a fitting guide, they come with clear destructions

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
stuart_hatch said:
As for them being legal, i belive the rule dosnt apply to pre 2000 cars, so mine being a 1999 car, its all good :)

Rubbish. The ECE 27 rules apply to all cars on EU roads.

The HID kits where you just replace the bulb are illegal to use on EU roads. Full stop. No exceptions. They cannot and do not comply with ECE 27.

If you replace the reflector, the bulb, fit high pressure washers, automatic self levelling, and the manufacturer has bothered to test the equipment to ECE 27, then you are legal.

Simon.

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
TheOtherSimon said:
Rubbish. The ECE 27 rules apply to all cars on EU roads.

The HID kits where you just replace the bulb are illegal to use on EU roads. Full stop. No exceptions. They cannot and do not comply with ECE 27.

If you replace the reflector, the bulb, fit high pressure washers, automatic self levelling, and the manufacturer has bothered to test the equipment to ECE 27, then you are legal.

Simon.

Oh dear, well mine are correctly ajusted, not had one person flash at me, and they dont give hardly any blue colour, so i should be ok

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise