xl dynatwist on a mk4 tdi cupra

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
has anyone tried fitting a xl dynatwist (cold fed) to a mk4 tdi cupra yet?

i originally bought mine from bill for my pd130 but had to sell the car after an accident, but i have heard from people that the standard box is actually better???!!

as its winter and would probably involve quite of a bit of tinkering in the evenings I was wondering if anyone has changed theirs and could give their views on it, good or bad!

im guessing the induction is more likely to make the responsiveness better rather than give you more power, is this right?

Triple D

I know that cpufreak fitted an xl dynatwist to his pd130 sport and that it was a real tight fit. Im sure if you ask bill he'll have an answer to almost anything.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
It can be fitted.. as I fitted CPUfreaks one... and yep its well tight in that engine bay.
Cupra intake and green panel filter yields good results.

Recently fitted a RamAir onto a mk4 petrol cupra ibiza... slightly smaller than XL but bigger than the regular twister size. Reused Cupra intake pipe for air feed as it is almost same size as the 80mm flexi that feeds these.

Cupra intake and green panel filter are easiest.

T. Spark

muddyboots said:
Well as he's already got a Cupra, then it's just the Green panel filter...

Good point :p

I have a k&n on mine, and sorta make shifte cold air feed at the mo!

Hasnt made the car any slower, dont think its any faster for it either, but sounds nice :p

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
020_19.sized.jpeg

An XL one squeazed into the mk4 pd130 ibiza. (cpu's)

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
so im guessing no one has fitted this on a cupra yet... just seems pointless to have to buy a panel filter when i already have the kit waiting to be fitted :D

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
so when someone told me that I would end up losing power by fitting it can i assume they were wrong?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
rob1 said:
so im guessing no one has fitted this on a cupra yet... just seems pointless to have to buy a panel filter when i already have the kit waiting to be fitted :D

It wont hurt... but the flexi has to go back on itself to route to the cold air intake side..

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
ibizacupra said:
It wont hurt... but the flexi has to go back on itself to route to the cold air intake side..

dont want to sound completely stupid here, but how does this make a difference? isnt air just air? :confused:

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
right... :p

ok so im guessing this is why no one has actually tried putting it on a cupra to see what its like. nevermind maybe ill give it a try in the summer when im bored :D

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
yep.. more bends.. less than ideal but mk4 engine bay does'nt lend itself to kits. Cupra is pretty good out of the box considering the packaging is very tight.
free flowing panel filter, derestrict intake end a bit for pure cold air feed and bobs ya granny.

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
That for the Aux pump i think. that pipe normally connects to the air box so you have to put the filter on the end when using a industion kit

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members