XL tyre pressures

raw

Jan 6, 2003
Midlands
Visit site
We off to the alps tomorrow - our first really long journey in our Altea. So I thought I'd check the tyre pressures and set them to "fully loaded, 80mph". Manual says there is a sticker inside the fuel cap - but there isn't!

Anyone know the correct pressures for 225x45/17 tyres? Or even better, can anyone post a picture of the sticker?

Many thanks!

Last edited:

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Pressure for these tyres is
Fully loaded 36psi front and 32psi rear
just driver 35psi front 31psi rear! (at least i think this is right,will check tomorrow unless someone else is positive) :)

raw

Jan 6, 2003
Midlands
Visit site
Thanks for the pointers. The rear pressure does sound higher than I would have guessed.

The Altea did great: just under 2000 miles in 9 days, averaging about 38mpg (not brilliant, but sort of expected at those speeds fully loaded and with a big roof box as well).

Only downer was the inability to use the fastrack lounge on Eurotunnel: Altea+bars+roofbox is taller than their 1.85m limit.

Last edited:

4candles

I have 2009 Altea 2.0TDI, with Optional 17" rims with 255/45 tyres (NOT an XL). I would supect that flap on Filler cap door is the pressures for the 16" standard rims (2.2bar front, 2.0bar rear). Are these correct pressures for my 17" rims (anyone with an FR should have this info).
Came from the dealer with 3.1bar all round !

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise