Yellow Beastie - '03 LCR Now Stage 2 :D

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
No pictures yet I'm afraid, mainly due to the rain :( Ment to be dry tmorrow ..........

On an up note, rear anti roll bar is fitted :) :) :) :)

Very happy as you can really feel the difference. Currently set on the mid point of the three stiffness positions. Will leave it there until I get to AKS and get the Clubsports fitted and fast road geometry set up done. Need to get out and have more of a play down some back roads :) :)

Oh, and wishing you all and your cars a very happy and productive new year ! :D :drive1::drive1:

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Gave her a wash and refuel today

Snow foam doing its thing,
vuqa9adu.jpg
y7e6e3yg.jpg

Drinking in yet more V-Power goodness
ehy4e5ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Now have my S3 front upper strut brace and race land rear. Brace fitted :) :)
S3 brace,
y9u3yzad.jpg

Rear brace mid fitting,
u3e9yzet.jpg

And all done,
dy3y7u7a.jpg

uruduhav.jpg

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
I could get hold of one of these lol. To be honest, I can't give a qualified answer I'm afriad. Sure I won't notice it but every little helps :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Cheers t0m, getting there slowly but surely.

Fingers crossed coilovers will finally be sorted back end of next month, if work plays the game........

Also up and coming on the car, tomorrow will be fitting mk4 golf aero wipers, should be looking a lot better than my passenger side one currently does in that pic above! Then got to run the cable from the engine bay through to the boot for my battery relocation. Actually, question at this point, Does anyone know when a vented battery box is needed over a standard sealed one?? Don't wanna get the wrong one to put the battery in. Guessing it may be related to type of battery?

Main reason for the relocation is to make some space in the engine bay. Going to put a bracket where the battery currently is to mount the oil catch can. This will also give me some where to fix the two resistors that will, I hope fix my high speed fan fault. Been driving me mad, especially when sat stationary with the engine running :( :( May also swap out the jentex cone at this point for something bigger now will have the space.

Once got the catch can mounted will be ripping of the inlet mannifold and fitting the phenolic gasket. Also do the pcv removal at this point along with a clean of the engine block as much as I can reach and new oil guide tube etc. Then on rebuild will be fitting a polished inlet mannifold DK did for me ( a fantastic piece of work if anyone is looking into having this done). I have also just gotmy hands on a lovely polished throttle body. Well happy with this as means I'm not putting a std looking tb straight onto the highly polished manni. The manni also has a tapping for a devils own water methanol nozzle. Will have to blank this off for now but am looking at fitting a Devils Own WMI progressive kit after all the above is done lol. Also have a set of silicon upper boost hoses arrive today from AmD :) This also has the tapping to allow me to keep the coldside dv setup as I have it now.

My only thing is 2 bits of silicon pipe cost me £155!!!! Ouch :( :( :(

Then, once all thats done and dusted, yellow beatie will be handed over to Mr Niki Gower at R Tec Performance to work his magic and instal me the custom stage 2 map.

Certainly not going to happen overnight, but thats the shorter time plan. After this its lsd, clutch etc to make best use of all that work and money.

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Well car sailed through its mot this afternoon, only picked up an advisory for 2 cv joint gaiters deterioration. So will have to get them changed out.

Biggest issue now is to find the source of an oil leak in the engine bay. Its got worse. No ideas yet but side of the block and top of the gearbox are covered :( Anyone any thoughts?

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Well car sailed through its mot this afternoon, only picked up an advisory for 2 cv joint gaiters deterioration. So will have to get them changed out.

Biggest issue now is to find the source of an oil leak in the engine bay. Its got worse. No ideas yet but side of the block and top of the gearbox are covered :( Anyone any thoughts?

When I removed my rocker cover last year, I noticed that some oil was leaking from the gasket below where the breather pipe leaves the rocker. It would explain the location of the leaking oil. Could even be a split pipe on the pvc system? It might be worth having a look around that region and replace the rocker gasket. Hope you find the culprit if my suggestions are not right :)

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Cheers James, will look into that. The pcv system will be going very soon so will give it a good look over once its out. Hope its something that simple!

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Well not much to update with on progress with work done on the car. Only just got back from work overseas.

Have fitted new rear pads n discs though as former ones were shot. More than I realised in fact but all good now. Just got to save for a nice set of 2 piece discs n pads to go up front.

Have been busy ordering bits though :) have a box to go in the boot now for the battery relocation, a new fuel pump and some new 610cc injectors from BBT. So just need to get some gaskets n can start attacking the battery move, inlet manni & throttle body swap and catch can work. At last!!

Also, at long last the kW Clubsports will be going on later this month. Very excited about this!! :D :D

Am considering taking my winter wheels n tyres off this weekend and putting my OZ Superturinos back on with the verdi's.

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Thank you :) I do love the new look front end. So nice to be a little bit different from most.
Car looks so much better now I have spent ages getting rid of all the tar deposits down her sides. So much nicer to get bits like that done when it's not freezing cold. Will give her a polish tomorrow hopefully :)

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Got the Clubsports washed ready for fitting on Wednesday. Have also washed the wheel wells and oem suspension to try to make it easier to get at the bolts. Looks so much better to :)

ty2ehegu.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.