Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

yellow brown dots at the back of car

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by isalopek, Feb 1, 2017.

1. isalopek

isalopek Active Member

2. JACUPRA280

JACUPRA280 Active Member

It's just tar. Very sticky, very nasty tar. Lighter fluid eats straight through it (and it costs a quid from a newsagents - it also just evaporates,) and to a lesser extent WD-40 works too.

3. JACUPRA280

JACUPRA280 Active Member

Just thought I'd add, some of it might be little specs of metal that have stuck to the paintwork and rusted.

4. isalopek

isalopek Active Member

well...car is 5 months old...wtf...!!!!

5. Perfect_g

Perfect_g Active Member

Happens to all cars, especially during winter - it is just more notable on light colors..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. isalopek

isalopek Active Member

Why just on the 5th door and what is solution? Tnx in advance...

7. Perfect_g

Perfect_g Active Member

As said before it is small metal pieces, asphalt etc. that is thrown into the air by the rotation of your cars wheels (and the cars in front of you).

Like the rest of the dirt it gathers on the back on the car due to the vacuum. The only difference is that these objects does not wash of easily, hence the car wash will not remove all of them. You need to remove them like suggested above.

If you want to avoid the problem almost entirely I can recommend a Ditec treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Marve

Marve Active Member

There are two main contaminants your car will pick up, tar based and iron based. Tar remover will deal with the tar which tends to be black sticky marks on your paintwork. Iron, you cannot see until, like has happened to you, it starts to rust and then becomes very evident, espeically on white paint paint.

With your car being new, it is actually the most common time to see such high levels of iron due to how the car is stored and transported in a very industrial fashion. The other main place you will pick up iron deposits is from a railway line, do you live close to one? If so you are likely to get more going forward, if not it is likely they are just from the transportation.

It is easily dealt with though, something like this - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/auto-finesse-iron-out-cat6.html - will sort it out for you very easily. There is no damage to your paintwork and nobody has done anything wrong. Just be aware if you are going to wax/detail your car at all, you should make sure you carry out a full decontamination, including iron and tar, as part of the process. If you are not, don't worry, just use the iron out product if you get more deposits that annoy you.

9. isalopek

isalopek Active Member

i dont live close to reilroad, and this product is not available in my country, so im going to find suitable replacement for it...
    firs i shall try with lighter liquid because i can find it anywhere
    tnx a lot...

10. Marve

Marve Active Member

lighter fluid is a good alternative to a dedicated tar remover, but it will not dissolve iron. Which is what you need. What country are you in?

11. isalopek

isalopek Active Member

ah so. Im in croatia..

12. mick_n3

mick_n3 Active Member

13. isalopek

isalopek Active Member

I found korrasol and metal melt in my country...its the same, i pressume. Do i have to do polish it afterward or just wash good? Tnx

14. mick_n3

mick_n3 Active Member

Personally I washed, clay bar then sealed and then waxed. you will need to put some protection back on after.
    If you're struggling to find fallout remover AutoBrite do international shipping

15. isalopek

isalopek Active Member

Sry, clay barand sealed...what do you mean? Tnx

16. Rob66

Rob66 Full Member

Wash the car and rinse
    Apply the fallout remove and leave it too work a few minutes the metal flakes will dissolve if there and turn red or purple
    Wash the car or area again
    Rinse the car
    Consider using a clay bar to remove any thing left
    Wash again
    Optional polish
    Wax to protect

17. isalopek

isalopek Active Member

18. Rob66

Rob66 Full Member

No problem good luck with it, will look great again in no time. :). That is excellent stuff.

#18 Rob66, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017