Yellow FR Noobie

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
Lol did u mean "il let them know"? Lol what 3SDMs have you got mate? I'd love a set of 0.01 but don't think they will fit :,( lol what tyres you gettin?
Luckily both me and the guy who owns the company worked someplace else before so have stollen all ther trade as the companies that used us found out it was us 2 that was doin the work :D we got a contract with AC Schnitzer and 4 of the biggest car sales places in the area so have always got cars comin thro!! Fingers crossed this year will be a busy 1 and then we can move into a bigger place as we share the yard with another company and are always pushed for space!!
I live in the lush place that is........ Norfolk Kings Lynn!! Lol but I'm from Canvey Island in Essex, not sure if that's any better than kings binn tho!! Lol

Hahaha yeah it was mate, god knows why my iPhones changed it! Well you see your going to hate me because they are the 3SDMs I have, 0.01 :p not putting them on for a while because I want them painted and need my money for a few ''more pressing things' but I can't wait! Toyo proxes all round mate. Ah dude that sounds sweet! Really promising! Hope everything works out like. Mind when the time comes I expect a full respray..mates rates ;) ahhhh Essex!! My mate is from there, we constantly grief him about being a southerner and how he drives a focus ST and my baby leon can keep up with it :p

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Oh I don't want to talk to you anymore!!!............. ;) Lmao they guna look stunning in purple!! Do you think I could fit them under my arches? Can only find 18 8.5j and from what iv seen on here I think that's to big :,( well at least with them sat in your room you can wake up to them!! :p lol and good choice mate, love proxes!! People give them a bit of a slating but honestly havnt found a better tyre that ticks all the boxes and lets b honest, they gota be 1 of the nicest lookin tread patten out ther!! Lol thanx mate, me to!! We always dreamt of having our own place and it's just like hanging around with mates ther, never feels like I'm at work!! Lol oh and to top it all, it's 2miles away from my house!! Lol and I'm sure we can sort out a lil deal with a respray ;) lol oh I would b pissed if I'd bought a sanitary towel...... S**t sorry meant ST lol one of my mates has a orange 1 with Graham Goode parts thrown at it!! Lol absolute beast!! Lol

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Alo mate!! didnt think I'd find you this quick!! Lol 1st thing I have to thank you for lookin after her that well!! Honestly been cared for :D lol can I just ask how did the dent in the rear 1/4 get ther? Such a random place to get a dent? Lol the garage I bought her from managed to get the dent out tho :D lol that would explain the huge front breaks then!! Lol 220bhp you say!! :p the dyno printout says something like 220bhp but says 190.2bhp at the wheels, honestly believe it as my god she flys!! Lol
And don't you worry, she will be well pampered in my ownership :D lol

I tried to look after her as well as I could, I was the only owner from new but the time came for a change and I was sad to see her go but I'm happy as long as she's gone to a good home.

I know what dent you're talking about on the rear left quarter, honest answer, absolutely no idea! I was playing football one week, came out after the game, stood by the car chatting with my mate and noticed it then, gutted but it wasn't really noticeable, just when it caught the right light and I just never got round to getting it done.

Yeah the standard FR brakes just aren't up to the job, especially when it's mapped running fairly high numbers. Did I leave the dyno printouts with the car? I thought I had.

Yep 220bhp at the fly which will be around 190bhp at the wheels, only thing I would say is keep any eye on the TIP as it was starting to look a bit tired round the back of it, might be worth speaking with Forge to see if they do any kind of warranty/replacement type thing, although it has been on the car for a few years.

The Forge intercooler was actually developed on that car by Forge so you have the first Mk4 Ibiza to have ever had that cooler on, in fact if you go to the Forge website and look for the cooler there is a Youtube vid showing them dyno'ing the car and the fitting instruction pictures were all taken when they fitted it to her too, little bit of a celebrity ;)

I had a Jetex open cone air filter on there for a while and thought it was pretty good, get's my vote if you are looking for a replacement for the standard box, lets you hear it more than the standard kit.

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
She's defiantly gone to a good home mate!! Lol oh fair play, they gota be the worst type of dents!! My nan just got back from holiday to find a lovely dent on the rear 1/4 of her fiesta!! Chuffed!! Lol with how much giggles per mile you get in that car it does need bigger breaks than standard, does make the rears look even smaller tho!! Lol yer got the dyno printouts, one from RS Tuning and one from dastek dynamometers I think, the garage didnt even know it had a remap onit, was a nice surprise for me when I was flicking thro the paperwork :D lol did notice the TIP was lookin a lil old, il give it a good look over when I get the air filter sorted and see if it needs replace, thanx for the heads up tho!! Oh that's pretty cool, did have a butchers around on ther website when I got her and did think it looked similar but thought, nnaaaa can't be lol my last car was abit of a celeb in the pug world so nice to know iv still got something a lil special :D lol talkin of the Jetex filters, are they just universal ones? Bit worried about heat soak as well with just a open filter, it does get rather hot in ther!! Lol did you notice any diffrence?

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
Oh I don't want to talk to you anymore!!!............. ;) Lmao they guna look stunning in purple!! Do you think I could fit them under my arches? Can only find 18 8.5j and from what iv seen on here I think that's to big :,( well at least with them sat in your room you can wake up to them!! :p lol and good choice mate, love proxes!! People give them a bit of a slating but honestly havnt found a better tyre that ticks all the boxes and lets b honest, they gota be 1 of the nicest lookin tread patten out ther!! Lol thanx mate, me to!! We always dreamt of having our own place and it's just like hanging around with mates ther, never feels like I'm at work!! Lol oh and to top it all, it's 2miles away from my house!! Lol and I'm sure we can sort out a lil deal with a respray ;) lol oh I would b pissed if I'd bought a sanitary towel...... S**t sorry meant ST lol one of my mates has a orange 1 with Graham Goode parts thrown at it!! Lol absolute beast!! Lol
just as we were getting along you throw the action man out the pram :p I hope they come out as planned like. Erm...dare I say I think there are some reps that are smaller. I don't think 3SDM go smaller il have a look an see of i can find an Ibiza with them on. Proxes are awesome in the dry no question yes they have the moments in wet/damp conditions but hawey most tyres are 10times worse. He is pissed off cause his has rusted already! 57 plate :lol: I seen a stunning black ST3 last week...absolute animal! I envy you for not feeling like your at work, I have 12 hours of 'engineering 2 days and 2 nights a week!

Bit worried about heat soak as well with just a open filter, it does get rather hot in ther!!
search for a heat shield mate

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
She's defiantly gone to a good home mate!! Lol oh fair play, they gota be the worst type of dents!! My nan just got back from holiday to find a lovely dent on the rear 1/4 of her fiesta!! Chuffed!! Lol with how much giggles per mile you get in that car it does need bigger breaks than standard, does make the rears look even smaller tho!! Lol yer got the dyno printouts, one from RS Tuning and one from dastek dynamometers I think, the garage didnt even know it had a remap onit, was a nice surprise for me when I was flicking thro the paperwork :D lol did notice the TIP was lookin a lil old, il give it a good look over when I get the air filter sorted and see if it needs replace, thanx for the heads up tho!! Oh that's pretty cool, did have a butchers around on ther website when I got her and did think it looked similar but thought, nnaaaa can't be lol my last car was abit of a celeb in the pug world so nice to know iv still got something a lil special :D lol talkin of the Jetex filters, are they just universal ones? Bit worried about heat soak as well with just a open filter, it does get rather hot in ther!! Lol did you notice any diffrence?

It really annoyed me when I saw the ding but was thankful no paint was damaged, still can't think how it would have happened though.

Yeah the RS tuning one was a little down on power for some reason but a lot of people had issues running their cars on that day so didn't really think much of it to be honest.

Don't worry about the rear brakes mate they are plenty good enough, the fronts are the ones you want to worry about, the TT upgrade was worth it but if you want to go bigger and better then I wouldn't blame you, the TT ones are much better than the FR brakes though.

To be honest when I took the car in to Wrights he didn't seem too fussed about knowing about the extras on the car, he took one look at it and said I can see you've looked after it so I'm not worried, told him it had the forge cooler on and a few other bits but he was more than happy to take it off my hands.

Heat soak wise, the Forge cooler does a great job of keeping temps down, yes it still gets hot in there but the open cone filters I ran (Halfords uni and Jetex uni) were both really good and there was no noticeable negative difference at all. Before the Forge cooler was put on they managed to get one run on the dyno before heatsoak affected the figures, afterwards they were able to run back to back with no real loss in power. I read a lot about heatsoak affecting open cone but in reality I don't think you will see any problems, my advice, go open cone and enjoy the noise, if you really want then try and get a heat shield knocked up but I don't think it's worth doing to be honest.

Last edited:

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
To starlight
Reps!! Oh I'm disappointed mate!! Tut tut lmao if you can find a link to where I can get hold of them it would b much appreciated, can't find 3SDM Reps anywhere :,( lol oh that's not my only job, iv got 3 mate!! Lol do the spraying 2 days a week depending on how much work we have then the rest of the week I'm a driver at Europcar and then I'm a firework operator doin huge shows across the country :D lol actually on my way to Norwich to do the Lords Mayors Parade!! :p lol

To Crafoo
Such a strange place to get a dent but like you said luckily didn't manage to damage the paint so Mr Dent Devil sorted it for me :D lol
My drifter mates don't speak very highly of TS Tuning, say ther dyno isn't the most accurate but never been ther myself, to be fair I'm not to boved about Dyno printouts, they more for bragging rights!! :p lol
Oh more than happy with the brakes mate, I don't really drive my own cars that hard to warrant it but nice to know they ther if I need them lol anyway hire cars are ther for abuse, redline every gear!! ;) lol
Oh that's pretty good then, il try just a Jetex filter first and see how that goes, could always fabricate a half box or something at work if needs be,
Thanx for the link, is nice to see a bit of history of this car and the more I read the happier I am with her, always manage to buy lemons so nice to have a minter :D lol

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
To Crafoo
Such a strange place to get a dent but like you said luckily didn't manage to damage the paint so Mr Dent Devil sorted it for me :D lol
My drifter mates don't speak very highly of TS Tuning, say ther dyno isn't the most accurate but never been ther myself, to be fair I'm not to boved about Dyno printouts, they more for bragging rights!! :p lol
Oh more than happy with the brakes mate, I don't really drive my own cars that hard to warrant it but nice to know they ther if I need them lol anyway hire cars are ther for abuse, redline every gear!! ;) lol
Oh that's pretty good then, il try just a Jetex filter first and see how that goes, could always fabricate a half box or something at work if needs be,
Thanx for the link, is nice to see a bit of history of this car and the more I read the happier I am with her, always manage to buy lemons so nice to have a minter :D lol

I personally don't think you'll need to bother with a heat cover but see what you think.

I hope you have as many good years out of her as I had, it's good to know that the car is still with a forum member, I'd been wondering who might have bought her after I noticed the ad had come down from the website, all the best with her and get a RR thread put up so I can track her progress ;)

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Thank you mate, me to :D lol yer il get one up once iv hit my 15 posts so I can stick some photos up of her

Welcome fellow Noobie!! Lol

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Oh would have thought I'd have seen that around ther, I'm a car delivery driver and spend far 2 much time around that area!! Lol I live in wormegay, it's bout 5/6 mile away from Lynn. Iv got Crafoo's old yellow Ibiza mate

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Sh*t sorry people!! Been a manic couple of months, il try get a thread up soon....ish lol
I did work for Europcar mate but they been royally messing me around the last couple of months so literally this week I'm handing my resignation in :D lol did spend alot of time up sunny hunny 2 b fair, yer can't imagine I'd miss yours, bright yellow all the way mate!! :D lol