Yet another Ebay bargain buy....

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Happened to be flicking through eBay earlier, when I spotted some Mk2 Leon FR front and rear brakes (inc discs & pads) ending within 1hr, and only at £1.23 + P&P....

So I put in a cheeky bid thinking I'd get out bid, not that bothered if I was....

Ended up winning them for £5 + £30 p&p :D

Bargain of the century in my book.... as I've now got 312mm fronts and the larger rears, for not alot at all :thumbup:

andyj

SEAT LEON FR 2.0 TFSI FRONT & REAR BRAKE SET UP

REMOVED FROM 57 PLATE MODEL

YOU ARE BIDDING ON FRONT & REAR CALIPARS WITH PADS, FRONT& REAR DISCS

NOT COVERED MANY MILES STILL LOADS OF WEAR LEFT ON PADS

COULD BE PERFECT UP GRADE FOR SEAT LEON SPORT

So yes to the carriers, but not sure on the splash guards.... might be giving David a call to order a pair ;) Any idea on the parts numbers for them?

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
EKTA shows same part for 255 or 286 rear brake dust shield. No carriers as such listed on EKTA only different items for 256/288 are pads?

andyj

I'm not so sure that they're going to turn out to be the bargain I thought they were......

I emailed the seller on Friday to confirm the postage costs, but have heard nothing from him.....

Mind you, I have Paypal'd him the £££ as per what he'd set up the auction to be....

We shall see ;) Watch this space !!!! :lol:

they are differ Crispdust. the 255 ones are easy to put on/off. the 286mm ones however are put on behind the hub. easy fix is to cut into the small part of the space and slip them on/off

the part numbers on mine from a Mk5 GTI (same as the MK3 Toldeo/Mk2 Leon part numbers) are:

1K0 615 611 P
1K0 615 612 P

Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I'm not so sure that they're going to turn out to be the bargain I thought they were......

I emailed the seller on Friday to confirm the postage costs, but have heard nothing from him.....

Mind you, I have Paypal'd him the £££ as per what he'd set up the auction to be....

We shall see ;) Watch this space !!!! :lol:

He's probably sat in the corner of a very dark room clutching your brakes and crying

andyj

I knew it was too good to be true, just had this message fro the Seller on eBay....

hi not sure how you won when they were on a buy now for £80, can refund your payment or you can buy for buy now price? thanks

There was no BIN on the auction at all... I guess he forgot to put one, and then didn't realise until after the auction had ended.

What do you guys reckon I should do??

Is it worth contesting it....

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I would make a fuss and see if you get anywhere, it's a poor excuse at best in my opinion. He knew full well it wasn't BIN listing he was caught out and that's the chance you take when you list an item.

meltonlad

Mar 21, 2009
huntingdon
if there was no reserve price on it then what you paid is all he will get.. as per ebay rules. save all the mails you get from him. he just trying to take the p!ss out of you .... i say fook him his problem.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
HA HA! thats awesome!

Well in my opinion:

ebay and paypal will both support you because the buyer must provide the item once the auction has ended, for the price the item ended at without debate, unless a reserve was set or he'll have to provide a refund and you both have to mutually agree to cancel the auction.

Also as a buyer on ebay now - you cannot be left negative feedback by the seller, however you can still leave negative for them.

The easyiest thing to do would be to accept the refund and mutually cancel the transaction and put him out of his misery, but then again that'd be no fun, would it?:p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members