you can beat em - ive tried.

philster60

Jun 20, 2011
Well Threes years ago i took delivery on lease of an Emocion red Seat ST 143 Sport tech with the pioneer upgrade and a tow bar fitted

That car is without a doubt the best car ive ever owned and believe me ive had all sorts from yop Hondas to Saabs. Its got 31000 on the clock at the moment and it just keeps getting better to drive

plus with a caravan on the back it just keeps performing - i cant fault it at all

The lease ends in a couple of months and im so happy with the car ive decided to buy it
they've told £11300 - decent price do you think?

it does eat tyres granted and the lease company insist on sport pilot 3's which i wont complain about - but i wont be putting them on again - need more value for money

so whats your thoughts - i love it but is that a decent price - i think so just asking :D

irvtheswerv

Autotrader has an ad for a 13 plate with 13,000 miles from a Seat dealer for £12,990. Arnold Clark have got an 11 plate 143 "S" with 26,000 miles for £10,300. Is it worth £11,300 to you? It doesn't seem an extortionate price to me since it must be worth more than the S.

falcon7

Jan 31, 2014
North Devon
Start haggling early @10 or 10.1/2.

You should save £300 or more.

Good luck

Let us know if you get a result.

PS What does glass's say? anyone?

Last edited:

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Haggle as falcon says and let us know how you get on.

I'd personally feel happy to pay a little extra over a private sale price as you know the car. But remember dealer prices will probably include a service + a year warranty in some circumstances.

11K sounds a good price to me. I paid £15.5k for mine with 3,400 miles, 8 months old (maybe I am biased, I would be happy to get £11k back in 2.5 years time!)

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
In November I paid £14,500 for a 12 Reg Sport Tech Exeo 170TDi with 12k on the clock.

Once the 3 years on the PCP is up, the balloon payment will be 6 Grand.

To me, a 4 year old car which only a SEAT Rep owned for a short period and I have owned for basically all its life and look after immaculately, 6k is a steal.

It depends if the car is worth that much to you....

Andygti39

Exeo st 170 sport tech
Nov 16, 2013
Preston lancs
In November I paid £14,500 for a 12 Reg Sport Tech Exeo 170TDi with 12k on the clock.

Once the 3 years on the PCP is up, the balloon payment will be 6 Grand.

To me, a 4 year old car which only a SEAT Rep owned for a short period and I have owned for basically all its life and look after immaculately, 6k is a steal.

It depends if the car is worth that much to you....

In november we paid 16k for a 13 plate st 170 sport tech estate with 7k on the clock, seat rep owned , our pcp was 3 1/2 yrs then 6.5k balloon payment. Like you say its a bargain :D

Andygti39

Exeo st 170 sport tech
Nov 16, 2013
Preston lancs
Haggle as falcon says and let us know how you get on.

I'd personally feel happy to pay a little extra over a private sale price as you know the car. But remember dealer prices will probably include a service + a year warranty in some circumstances.

11K sounds a good price to me. I paid £15.5k for mine with 3,400 miles, 8 months old (maybe I am biased, I would be happy to get £11k back in 2.5 years time!)

You deffo paid a good price for yours compared to ours.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
April last year I paid 10k for an 11 plate se tech 143 (2 years old 35k miles )

Bargain of the century as far as I am concerned

Last edited:

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
You deffo paid a good price for yours compared to ours.

Hey yours is not so bad in terms of price, I bought mine a few months after you so the extra £500 is probably just that. Mine was ex SEAT too.

I came across a 12 plate like mine with circa 15k advertised in a SEAT garage in West Wales for £18,995 a couple of weeks ago!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.