You know you have a MK4 Ibiza when...

Nick_

For me it was the fact that the fuel gauge is round the wrong way, I was using petrol and the gauge was going up!! (Or so I thought) lol

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
For me it was the fact that the fuel gauge is round the wrong way, I was using petrol and the gauge was going up!! (Or so I thought) lol

Haha, yeah that seriously confused me the first time i drove it. "how much petrol you got left" "I got loads, over 3/4 of a tank" then the BING sound came up... lol

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
you know you have a mk4 ibiza when

...your fuel computer lies to you telling your getting better mpg than you actually are.

...when the passenger tries getting out the car by ragging the door handle off as it doesnt open first time. Everytime the gf gets out i have to shout "TWIIIIICE!".

...when the laquer is already peeling of your FR wheels in big chunks. on an 07 plate!

...when your grandad asks..."what car have you got now Adam?"
"Its a SEAT Grandad!"
"Ah right... who makes those?"
"............oh dear!"

My Grandad thinks i'm saying Fiat lol

FR3000

Feb 14, 2008
North East
When:

1. you shave the skin from the back of your hands and don't have enough joints in your fingers to replace nearside headlight bulbs (if you have a 1.8 20VT)

2. The 'wash' disappears from 'rear wash-wipe' after roughly five years for no obvious reason (anyone who has had this and fixed it please ping me before I pull half my car to bits to find out why)

3. Windows rattle when half way down

4. Dash creaks and clicks

FR3000

Feb 14, 2008
North East
Was thinking same thing!

Did you mean your rear washer jet not working? Very common fault on here alot, hose pops off in several different places, main one being behind the boot trim.

That would be the one! Not had the time to trace it to find out where the fault is yet but I have refrained from attempting to use it in case it was filling up somewhere in the car.

FR3000

Feb 14, 2008
North East
yep my passenger doors the same is this a fault?

It's just part of the auto-locking system when you drive away - if you pull the key out of the ignition it unlocks the drivers door but nothing else. The double pull on the passenger door is

1st pull to unlock and engage the mechanism
2nd pull - operates the latch

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
I've only had my Ibiza FR tdi for a couple of weeks and its been okay so far...am getting used to the doors swinging wide open way too easily, the central locking is errr 'interesting' :) and the wind noise around the driver door mirror 'quirky' :)

Everything else is bloomin ace!!! and far outways any quirks - I can see why people on here love 'em :D

Aimez

That would be the one! Not had the time to trace it to find out where the fault is yet but I have refrained from attempting to use it in case it was filling up somewhere in the car.

yes that happens too mine was pissing out the boot lock area so off came the trim which usually involves breaking one of the clips (doesn't really matter) the hose pooped right on the rear wiper motor I jubilee clipped it back on and never use it in winter in case it is frozen and pops off again. Been fine since. there is a guide here http://www.seat-ibiza-mk4.co.uk/ibiza_boot_trim_removal.htm

tooly1

1.2 power !
Oct 17, 2009
Nottingham
Don't get me me started on the passenger door handle saga - "whoooa whoooaaa you need to pull it twice, TWWIIICCEEE...."

"...hmmm why's that then..."

Oh good god!:headhurt:

lol i had this twice today!

then i got angry and opened it with the immobliser

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.