You learn something new every day!

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
Just noticed after driving the car for a year - If you press the 'Check' button while driving, it sets a speed limiter warning, very handy for motorway journeys for me!!

I'll need to have a look at the owners manual and see if there is anything else I've missed :)

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
I've got one of those, but only when my mum is in the car for some reason.

Every time you go above 30mph, there is an audible "oooooh" and the sound of creaking plastic that I believe is from the passenger door grab handle. I've not found out how to disable this feature yet.

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
I didin't know that re: the check button & speed warning. I knew how to get at it from the menu - Top Tip as I have it set @ a sensible level when I am sensible but it's annoying when I am not so sensible :)

Something I spotted yesterday is the central MFD flashes when you've been driving for 2 hours. I had that 2 times yesterday and twice on Saturday, it was a weekend in the car! Not had that on my other VAG cars.

Last edited:

bencook

Apr 10, 2013
Have you guys discovered the mini sun visor above the rear view mirror?

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
No I haven't, I'll take a peak next time I'm driving. I had one of those in a Mk4 Golf, I missed it when I had the Leon.

The little things aye.

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
I found the visor a while ago it really does come in handy, if you are sat naving somewhere and you miss what the lady said, click the volume wheel in on the steering wheel and she'll repeat herself :)

There's something else I found out too and can't remember :(

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
I found the visor a while ago it really does come in handy, if you are sat naving somewhere and you miss what the lady said, click the volume wheel in on the steering wheel and she'll repeat herself :)

There's something else I found out too and can't remember :(

Need to try that on the Pioneer Nav :)

Here's another, hold down the auto button on the climate control, that syncs the dual zone climate and the drivers temp is then mirrored to the passengers temp :)

stevea1234

Jan 7, 2012
What amazed me was that my iPHONE 5 suddenly started working a couple of weeks ago via bluetooth (i.e. voice cuts in via bluetooth with directions).

I have the RNS-E satnav but it's not great and use my phone for more difficult routes. I'm guessing a recent phone or app update has made it work, and it's very handy!

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Need to try that on the Pioneer Nav :)

Here's another, hold down the auto button on the climate control, that syncs the dual zone climate and the drivers temp is then mirrored to the passengers temp :)

Yeah I knew that too thanks to an Audi forum...

I still can't put my finger on what I found.

Just a piece of info, if you have the facelift model with the DRLs, can anybody tell me the point in the sidelight option...

When you have no lights on the DRLS are really bright, when you have main headlights come on automatically the DRLS stay the same brightness.

If you however choose to manually put your 'sidelights' on, your sidelights ARE the DRLS but the car dims them for this purpose...why bother?

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Not sure asonda. On the theme of sidelights/DRLs why don't they turn on when you unlock/lock the car? I just get the fogs on and the rear sidelights.

DRLs would look pretty cool walking up to it but I never get to see them!

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Not sure asonda. On the theme of sidelights/DRLs why don't they turn on when you unlock/lock the car? I just get the fogs on and the rear sidelights.

DRLs would look pretty cool walking up to it but I never get to see them!

Yes I agree with you :) I'd much prefer them than the Fog lights...

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
I remembered what it was I found out....as it happened today.

When you have your heater on, climate or manual....

If you do your windscreen washers, it quickly puts it on recurculate then your wipers stop, a couple of seconds later it puts it back to normal so that you don't get the strong chemically smell in the car...

Nice touch :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.