You might not believe it, but Cupra Ordered! - and is here!

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Yup - for those that have had the misfortune to read about my total indesiciveness for the last year or so about whether to get the FR TDI or the Cupra will know that I ordered a Leon TDI FR not so long ago after deciding it was the sensible option.

Well I won't go through my reasons for changing (just check my recent posts), but I've cancelled my FR order with 2 weeks before build, and just got back from ordering a Cupra. :rolleyes: :doh:

You only live once as they say and I couldn't let my loyalty slip for the cupra brand ;)

I'm letting them know on Monday what colour. I was set for silver until I got there and saw a black FR again. I'm between the two colours at the moment. :banghead:

Thanks to Holders of Congresbury for putting up with being messed around. It is too late for them to cancel the build for the FR, but they have kindly let me change and will sell the FR when it comes in.

So for anyone interested, they will soon have in a gorgeous FR TDI in black with xenons, bluetooth and the convenience pack. Give them a bell on 01934833034 and speak to Alan if you want to snap it up before anyone else does.

Roll on Cupra day...... :yes:

Scott

P.s. Thanks for Mork and Zboyd for tolerating the MSN sessions! ;)

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Any indication on when you will take delivery?

Not yet. I'm hoping when the order's put on the system on Monday I'll have some idea.

It depends I suppose whether it is going to be a factory order or there are already some built to my spec.

On the plus side I can go out in the demo car now when it arrives (I was banning myself when I had the FR on order so I wouldn't have known what I was missing ;) )

Scott

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
i think if you can afford it and dont have any other reasons then go for it, i miss having the extra oomph as my old MK4 GTi was giving out 230bhp and now iam only 170bhp, its good but when i see the Cupra i say should have bought it but family dictates FR will suffice, go for it and dont look back

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
So my (not so) subliminal messaging worked on you then? ;)

Well done, you know you've made the right choice. :D

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
I'm letting them know on Monday what colour. I was set for silver until I got there and saw a black FR again. I'm between the two colours at the moment. :banghead:

had the exact same dilema. Lucky the showroom had a silver and black mk2 Leon sitting next to each other. I must have straed for half an hour at both just thinking. Then I order the car and said I'd phone back with the colour. Went for black and have no regrets. looks ace at night.

enoy :drive2:

cmc

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Currently Luna grey is in the lead purely because I won't have the time to wash the car every week now I'm a dad and I'm after an easier life than the slightest bit of rain making the car seem dirty again with black.

Wifey wants black though. Only a few hours left to decide...... :help:

Scott

P.S. Lo Max. Not seen you on here for a while. Hopefully the Cupra will tempt you back to the fold m8. ;)

Monkeyhanger

Currently Luna grey is in the lead purely because I won't have the time to wash the car every week now I'm a dad and I'm after an easier life than the slightest bit of rain making the car seem dirty again with black.

Wifey wants black though. Only a few hours left to decide...... :help:

Scott

P.S. Lo Max. Not seen you on here for a while. Hopefully the Cupra will tempt you back to the fold m8. ;)

The obvious compromise is Zenith Grey. Thats what Im getting. Its the classy choice. You know it makes sense!

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
won't have time to wash it now you're a dad?
thats got to be the lamest excuse for not washing the car i have ever heard.
give it a couple of years and you'll be paying him to do it for you.
we have been talking "new" cars today.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
won't have time to wash it now you're a dad?
thats got to be the lamest excuse for not washing the car i have ever heard.
give it a couple of years and you'll be paying him to do it for you.
we have been talking "new" cars today.

LOL. I mean with the R I could spend up to 4 hours with all the swissol kit etc.

What you thinking of getting?

Zenith is an option - but will probably have the same "black" issues.

Scott

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
He just couldn't bear the thought, id get mine and be rubbing it in at every opportunity. :p

But like me, I don't think you were ever doing the miles to warrant the small saving on a TDi. If you were racking up the mileage then it would be more clear cut choice.

We'll have to meet up at one of the races this year for a family portrait. :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.