You'll Hate Me Soon :)

imran92

Morning Lads & Ladies!

well, where do i start?

gone an bought myself a 2002 (51) Leon 1.9 TDi (110bhp) mileage is kind of high, 157,000 :shrug: but the car feels nice to drive! an has only had 1 previous owner, of course before i went to buy the car, i checked all the common problems, rear window washer has popped out but suprisingly, no leakes to report as of yet :funk: the other problem i've got, is the limp mode problem when putting the turbo under heavy load, again, had a look on the forum and know it's either EGR Valve, N75 valve, or sticky vanes, just need to diagnose the problem :)

As of now, the only mod i've done has been a JVC Headunit

butttt by next summer, im hoping to get the following done

Exterior:

Cupra R front and rear bumpers
Cupra R Splitter
New Style 19" RS4 Alloys
Oval Style Exhaust Tip (Thinking about a full system)
HID'S (as im 19 years of age, i will be putting on something absurd like 10k :D)
L.E.D Rear lights, same style, it's just they have led's instead of square blocks of light lol
Slight Tint on the windows
Carbon Wrapped Roof

Interior:

Contemplating the cupra r seats
would LOVE an new style audi steering wheel (not sure if its possible)
TT/S3 pedals
Might Carbon wrap centre console
trying to think of a way to change the dials into white :think:

Heres The Fun PART :D

Engine Work:

Aim is to get the car up to 225+ BHP
Done some research about these hybrid turbo's but still not quite sure how it works and how they bolt on if you know what i mean
FMIC (front mounted intercooler)
I'm young and nieve so need a Dump Valve :)
Custom Re-Map
Basically Anything and Everything i need to do to get it pushing out as much BHP as i can LOL ;)

so, thats my plans for my little leon, i must state though, these are just things i want to do, whether all of the above will happen, i'm not sure, any feedback will be appreciated aswell as i know you guys have alot of knowledge and kind hearts lol

forgot to mention anything about me :) i'm 19 an currently at uni, so student finance will be going to be spent on my transport to and from uni (that seems justifiable) :rolleyes: LOL, an from the halesowen area, near Birmingham

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
why would we hate you exactly? :shrug:

apart from wanting 10K hids i guess.

anywhoo.. welcome :) , tbh you should have just got a LCR would have saved you and wouldnt need to buy so much :shrug:

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
personally i wouldnt bother until you can afford an cupra r, 150diesel then its just a map and your at 200bhp or a fast car u like.

in that list you are prob going to spent 3tiumes the value of the car which has 157k on it. and if insurance is an issue im sure buy the time you declare all that its going to be as high as one of the other cars mention unless your not going to tell them and if thats the case prepare to be flamed by many members

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Welcome. A good car to start on, the TDI 110 engine is very robust.

Your mod list is quite large and heads off in a lot of directions. Though I'd not do most of them myself, the only one I'll comment on is the dump valve. Don't. Just don't. You will almost certainly degrade the performance of the car, inspire derision from any clued-up friends and blank looks from anyone else. I have been scathing about them on the forum before now, and can cut-and-paste the full rant, but the threads below contain the most relevant points. There's more if you use the search function.

A dump valve is there on a turbocharged petrol engine to keep the turbo spinning when the throttle is closed suddenly, putting a lot of back pressure on air intake and the turbo. It would have nothing to do on a diesel engine. Diesels have no throttle butterfly, the engine swallows a full charge of air at every stroke.

http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=173188
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194279
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=196767
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=208656

If you want the noise, there are kits with a speaker and a switch under the clutch pedal that will do the trick.

Forge will sell you a diesel dump valve if you want, and if fitted and adjusted properly it does little harm to performance. It can't improve anything about the diesel engine, though.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.