youngy's black lcr

youngyWHU

hi guys,

after finally selling my beloved evo v to a guy from luxembourg, :cry: i searched long and hard for the right replacement.
As it is a joint car for me and the missus we had to make sure we got a car that allowed a baby seat in the rear and was still fast enough i didnt miss the evo as much!! :(

then i stumbled across the perfect car. a 55 plate black lcr, 35500 miles on the clock and some subtle mods, all for a bargain price!! so i brought it there and then. [B)]

it had a full service history, serviced every 5000-6000 miles.

spec as i got her:

forge 007p with yellow spring,
green cotton cone filter,
full scorpion exhaust with decat

it also has a unichip remap piggybacked of the standard ecu

angel eye headlights
6000k hids main beam
10000k hids full beam

the chrome trim on the interior

a boost gauge

that is all i can think of for now.... ill have a poke around later and see what else i can see/remember and add it. :rolleyes:

i have a rr print out of 283.3 bhp but that was before the decat was fitted. [B)]

ill get some pictures up soon too.... going to try and squeeze a good detailing in today as it looks like it was previously washed with a scouring pad. :wtf:

my old baby about 6 months ago.
IMAG0088.jpg

Deleted member 12466

Glad you found the right one, looking forward to some pics of the beast.

youngyWHU

finally managed to give her a clean, but not enough time for a detail.
pictures taken on my phone for now so not great.... :p

IMAG0496.jpg

IMAG0494.jpg

IMAG0493.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0427.jpg

i have already done some work.

took her for a trip to jabbasport last week, had the unichip removed to find it was boosting upto and over 2 bar! [:@] and there was also a 1.4bar spring in the actuator when it should be 0.4 so i have a new one on order.

on a positive note, i am now running a stage 1 map from jabbasport and it feels soooo much better than before.

i have alot more plans coming soon..... :whistle:

Deleted member 12466

Nice, I took mine to Jabba for a stage 1 remap, drives so well.

youngyWHU

lucky you found this out before she went pop

i know, glad it was serviced as regular as it had been. god knows what the previous owner was doing?? :confused: it would get flat spots at the start of boosting and then would shoot up to 2 bar on the gauge.... and he didnt think anything of it??!!!!

i went from jap to seat... crazy a??

bloody different. i prefer the interior and the space in the cupra.
the evo was so much easier to work on and more accessible. and the 4wd....

but what i love about this car is you have the power there when you want/need it but it doesnt force you to always drive fast like my evo. :D which my pocket has noticed already.

youngyWHU

283bhp @ 2 bar. Well, that shows someone can't map for toffee!

Redline tuning is the company. I done a little research into the unichip that was fitted.... It is by all accounts, a custom bluefin. You can map it however you like, move it from car to car and just hardwire it to the standard ecu. Sounds dodgy to me and unsafe.

However, if anyone wants it...... :whistle: LOL.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.