Your Experience Please

Dutchchord

Hello everyone on the SeatForum
Im absolutely new to my Seat Arosa 2000 1.4 Automatic [ Second hand ]

Ive no handbook or information in respect of Servicing so I really would like your expertize and help with a number of Questions

I read the Topic about Resetting [ Service Inspection Flashing Indicator ] got the answer for the rest from [ allallyouyou ]

Before In reset: What does that actually indicate.........is it a set problem or a service in general and what would it include!!

The Automatic transmission
How do check or control it.....and how frequently do you need to change the Transmission oil

The car is at 135640 km at present What books do i NEED and from where

Just done a complete oil change last week!!

Many thanks Mike

RosieArosa

Mar 7, 2011
Hi, the service light is just letting you know your service is due. Don't know if these ones run variable? So it'll either just indicate mileage or will work out on mileage but flash up if it's been a year and mileage not been hit yet. (I live with a mastertec so don't worry myself with details ;) )

If I'd just got one I'd be sticking it in for service and cambelt anyhow and go from there. Think you can download a PDF manual if you google it

Had mine a few weeks and loving it so far :)

Dutchchord

Hi, the service light is just letting you know your service is due. Don't know if these ones run variable? So it'll either just indicate mileage or will work out on mileage but flash up if it's been a year and mileage not been hit yet. (I live with a mastertec so don't worry myself with details ;) )

If I'd just got one I'd be sticking it in for service and cambelt anyhow and go from there. Think you can download a PDF manual if you google it

Had mine a few weeks and loving it so far :)

RosieArosa

Thanks for taking time out to answer my question ......will have it checked out asp

Will also Google for PDF Manual thanks Regards Mike

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
There is no general manual available except the SEAT one.

But if you would like more technical instructions you can buy a Haynes Manual for the VW Polo 94-99. :)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
The Auto transmission is a 'sealed for life' unit. There is no way of checking the fluid and no way of changing it without cracking open the seal.

Dutchchord

The Auto transmission is a 'sealed for life' unit. There is no way of checking the fluid and no way of changing it without cracking open the seal.

Boo

Thanks very interesting to hear that......hopefully one less problem

Have Reset the [ Service Inspection ] under the speedo......but will get the Cam Belt

checked out.....with that WARNING indicator.....anything else I should look for or Control!!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Its not really a warning, as Cheryl said its just a reminder that your service is due. I would do an oil and oil filter change too as you can never be too sure when it was last done.

Dutchchord

Its not really a warning, as Cheryl said its just a reminder that your service is due. I would do an oil and oil filter change too as you can never be too sure when it was last done.

Well we are on the right track.....did a complete oil change about a week ago....

so thats on the tick list.....thought now get the Fan Belt Cam Belt and Brakes checked out

new sparkplugs.....there are four new tyres so thats on the ticklist also and its got an APK

[ MOT ] until Dec 2012

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise