your fave mk2 moment

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
The moment that sticks in my head the most is when a CTR was baiting me thinking i came up behind him in a 1.4, the look on his face as blasted round him was a treat. Think he was that shocked that he couldnt change down to give chase.

My favourite drive had to be on the last day with my Mk2 headed upto sheffield on the motorway, was relatively quiet and was myself, a MK3 CR and LC one in each lane cruising, really did feel like we owned the motorway.

Gotta get another, I really have!!

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
Probably the first NavScatter that I won (though going flying in the lime pickle is close...). I'd only found out about the event earlier that afternoon and was completely unprepared, so biked home from work to collect the car, maps and other bits & bobs, picked up my navigator, stopped at the chippy on the way to the start, filled in all the paperwork/signed on and then, having eaten, dragged a rag across the lamps. And proceeded to wipe the floor with the opposition. Went home after the event and posted the news on here. That was an absolutely ace night...

twaid86

my bro got the mk2 16v and best fun we get is when the saxos and corsa think its just a 1.4 or somet and ya doh even need to change dwn to be pulling away. oh and th race with an audi tt, not sure whether 180 or 220but on a striaght it pulled away come to the corners and the beeza loved it!!! cant wait get the 8v...

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
I was waiting for the first piss take post, well overdue :p

After owning a 1.4, it is a very nice feeling *keeping up* with toys which are a lot more expensive & don't suspect. Just means more surprised faces, eg Civic 1.4 not long ago, once I'd stopped wheel spinning in 2nd and the rubber bit, they have to pull up behind you at the next set of lights to take a look at what it is. Seeing Nova boy mouth the words *G T I* to his passenger was great.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members