• 11th/12th May

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 18th/19th May

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
But does your fancy reservoir have a beach lol ( I did not take this picture lol)

imageresizer

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
There used to be a biker cafe / pub near there. Reasonable food but not a massive car park.

The Sun Inn - Actually has a bigger car park than it used to, gravel but looks like its expanded.
Ye the sun inn's good. Beauty roads all around too

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Well if we are going to do that sort of thing why not this one

https://www.trackdays.co.uk/trackday-car-hire/caterham-r400-superlight-track-day-car-hire/3092/

View attachment 3883

and yes i know there are £995 reasons why not, but I certainly saw a team of 6 guys at bedford hire two of these between them so that everybody got a good go on the track and in the car. They even blew one of the engines - no problem apparently.

I could be interested in this if we have enough to share the costs

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I could be interested in this if we have enough to share the costs

My only concern is... the Peugeot one I linked has instructor time included. I've never done a track day, so if you stuck me in that, chances are it'd be in a gravel trap on the first corner.

Reactions: Maypack

Deleted member 103408

Dont worry we are not going to do anything like that as I suspect they would not like lots of first timers using the car.

However just being serious my first track day was a novice day, Instructor cost £20-00 for 20 - 30 minutes i think we are better off doing our usual thing of chatting and food. We also want to be in the warmer part of the year

Reactions: Maypack

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Looking at places I thought i'd try and get some info for stuff near me...

Rockingham Speedway (Closed in Nov so no point with this now lol)

Rutland Water (Nice photo spot)

Grainstore Pub - Beer tour of their brewery (small) then they offer (£22) beer tasting afterwards, food and free beer for 2 hours

I sent an email to Rutland water (near me) regarding a car meet and it seems they have quite a few throughout the year, so many that they have a classic/modified car meet form to fill out and a dedicated concrete location to take pictures in a pedestrian zone for up to 30 cars.

This is what I got from them...

Rutland Water Park, Whitwell is one of the most popular stopping points for national and local car and bike groups throughout the year. This guide is to inform potential groups of what is to offer on site.
Rutland-Water.png

Facilities
At the Rutland Water Park, Whitwell we offer many family friendly facilities for any size of group which include;
• Toilets
• Watersports hire
• Boat Cruises on Rutland Belle
• Large Parks Areas
• Special Parking for keeping car groups together
• Harbour Bar Restaurant and Café
• Fox Café
• Bike Hire – Rutland Cycling Store
• Rockblock – Rock climbing and adventure
• Aqua park

Parking at Whitwell Harbour
RW.png

Please see the map above. We have specific parking areas for car and bike groups at two points near the harbour area (Points 1 and 2).
At point 1, it is right on the waterfront in front of the Harbour Bar Café. This is a concreted area but is not used as a public car park and is in a pedestrian area. It can hold between 20 to 30 cars and is a great photo area right next to the water. Cruises can also be arranged on the Rutland Belle and are very popular. It also is prime area for public to come down and have a look. Due to public being in this area any vehicles driving down are asked to drive at crawl speed (less than 5mph) with hazard lights on.

At Point 2, it is in the marquee area on a grass field behind the harbour bar as indicated on the map. This can hold roughly 100 cars and can be used for bigger gatherings. Unfortunately being on grass there may be situations (waterlogged field) that we have to decline permission to park in this area to protect the infrastructure. Due to public being in this area any vehicles driving down are asked to drive at crawl speed (less than 5mph) with hazard lights on.

Thoughts?

Reactions: kanyewest

Deleted member 103408

Like the rutland water, I seem to recall that Rockingham speedway is closing down and turning into a lorry park.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Like the rutland water, I seem to recall that Rockingham speedway is closing down and turning into a lorry park.
Oh my that is indeed the case lol shows how much I go on their website haha shame! had some good times there.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hmmm +'s I like the dedicated parking area. -'s I see no mention of the sheep. Is this going on your application for joining the Rutland tourist bureau?

Deleted member 103408

Agreed seems a waste but once again another big project where the planning (for what it was going to be used for) messed up.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hmmm +'s I like the dedicated parking area. -'s I see no mention of the sheep. Is this going on your application for joining the Rutland tourist bureau?
There is loads of animals for you to see... (to show you a few) they also have a bit called bugtopia haha
sheep-at-rutland-water.jpg

31864961228_7499bc049b_b.jpg

45101935012_0b8592a910_b.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
There is loads of animals for you to see... (to show you a few) they also have a bit called bugtopia haha
sheep-at-rutland-water.jpg

31864961228_7499bc049b_b.jpg

45101935012_0b8592a910_b.jpg

I'm not sure that fox is real! Plus... don't they only come out at night? Is the first pic a sheep? Or cause it has horns does that make it a goat?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm not sure that fox is real! Plus... don't they only come out at night? Is the first pic a sheep? Or cause it has horns does that make it a goat?
We are the home of foxes lol it is most definitely real

It makes it an animal you don't annoy otherwise you gain extra holes in your body lol

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Looks like a decent place for a meet in good weather.

As long as accommodation is available locally that would be good. I like the idea of the Brewery tour but would need to have accommodation not too far away from it for ease of getting to with no driving.

what time of the year would be best for this area, don't want it cold and not too busy that we couldn't park up togetehr

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise