Your thoughts

Crossy20

It was great!

Very good racing, probably best meeting i've been to. If anything beats it, it's Rockingham BTCC last season. That was also very good.

I was expecting more from Reid though, he was pretty much non-existant; apart from his coming together with TOC. (3 laps into his BTCC return he earns himself a £250 fine and 3 points! Gutted!)

Good to see Chilton and the Focus getting on the pace a bit more.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
superb racing. Real bumper to bumper stuff. Chevy showing VXR a thing or 2. Pure excitement all the way.
Support races were the same, there were even moments of drama in formula renault and the porsche carrera cup.

It was really complicated - our decision was based on what our nearest rival was doing...who then cleverly dipped into the pits behind us....No idea why Carl chose wets but....it could have been so amazing if it had rained!

Plus - we were held on the grid for ages....the track drying all the time.

Still! Do or totally bomb out trying!

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
On another note, I only took one picture all day of the "Pitch" we had in Luffield, and amazingly, I caught Mr Merrin eating, which is unusual for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC05121.jpg

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Was excellent racing!! Loved race 3!

As an armchair fan yesterday I must say I loved it to. I am a great fan of Team RAC and of Racing Silverline and they all put in a fantastic days performance.

Say, I never thought I would say this but with just Giovanardi in a form capable of winning races for VXR, unlike Racing Silverline who have two, and at Team RAC Turks on form competitive with Giovanardi in a car competitive with the Astra and with a team-mate who showed great promise yesterday, I think in VXR's final season and also final half-season I reckon VXR will find it tough to win the Drivers Championship.

It ain't over yet, not by a long chalk, and with lead of only 11 points, one win (without any bonus points), will close the gap to nothing and open a 4 point lead on Turks but just ponder how strong much of the field is (Airwaves' Rob Collard & Jonathan Adam, Team RAC's Turkington, Racing Silverlines Mat Jackson and Jason Plato) and the season Giovanardi has had. It hasn't been as dominant as past seasons.

I cannot wait for the finale to find out how good VXR have been this season and for 2010 to see how open and competitive the field will be.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.